I have an Blackberry 8830 from Bell and it seems that every so often it's ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

mauriceking982 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3019B0a2

8830 Losing Signal?

Advertisement

I have an Blackberry 8830 from Bell and it seems that every so often it's as if the unit goes in limbo. The bars are still there for signal and I have 1XEV however I cannot send nor recieve messages or make phone calls. I find that this happens much more often that I would like.

This is the second unit I have, (had the first one exchanged because I though it was faulty) but it turns out that I am having the same problems with this one.

Anyone else having these types of issues and if anyone has found a way to correct it?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8830 Losing Signal?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have any 3rd party software running that might not exactly make the messaging functions up to snuff?

That's what my problem was one time...using the messenger from viigo stopped my incoming/outgoing messages from being delivered/sent

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have any 3rd party software running that might not exactly make the messaging functions up to snuff?

That's what my problem was one time...using the messenger from viigo stopped my incoming/outgoing messages from being delivered/sent
    Hi jaki2188,

Could you please provide additional information?

Do you mean that when you sent an article from within Viigo to a contact in your address book, this affected your other email functions?

Thanks,
    Pete

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~precisely

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Any other information that you can provide in order to assist us in investigate this issue further?

For example:

-My sent emails were delayed for 30 minutes before being sent.
    -I didn't receive emails for 1 hour after I sent an article from within Viigo, and I usually get emails quite frequently.
    -I closed Viigo and everything went back to normal immediately.
    -I had to reset my device to get things back to normal.

Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

Pete

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what I do is re-register my network. Then everything eems to come through. I would try that. See how that works for you

Thanks,
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what I do is re-register my network. Then everything eems to come through. I would try that. See how that works for you
    Hi jkai2188,

We've investigated this issue and can't seem to duplicate it.

One possibly related item: In an older version of Viigo on Pearl devices, there was an issue when you'd attempt to refer a friend.

It looked like Viigo was frozen, but in fact, the dialog that asked you 'Viigo is attempting to access your address book. Would you like to allow this?' was in focus, but behind the Viigo application. So the user couldn't see the dialog prompting them.

In any case, 'this refer a friend with the dialog hidden' issue was fixed quite a while back.

Regards and thanks for using Viigo.
    Pete