I've had my 8830 for about 3 months. Today the r/3 key is giving me ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

8830 keyboard - "r" key not working so good

Advertisement

I've had my 8830 for about 3 months. Today the r/3 key is giving me fits. I have to either push really hard or hit it a couple times. Is there any way to clean the contacts or something? Also it has no "click" like the rest of the keys. Any help is greatly appreciated! It slows my typing down considerably!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: 8830 keyboard - "r" key not working so good

Personally, I don't believe there is really any fix on that type of issue. I would recommend utilizing your warranty to replace your phone. Its not like you can spray WD-40 into it and end up fixing it that way! The only thing I can think of is that if you stick it in your pocket quite often then you might have dust that may have built up and maybe spraying it with air might temporarily fix the problem. Since you already mentioned that your not getting a clicking sound any longer it may be a number of things that might be causing it but in my professional opinion its beyond self repair.

Well my BB has proven you wrong.... lol. Today it's working fine. Don't ask me, I have no clue what happened. I'd never put my BB in my pocket, always a pouch. Anyway, I appreciate the help. I'm glad I didn't have to try the replacement (at least not yet) although I do have it insured. My guess is being outside in the cold for a while and some of the contacts contracted, I guess? lol. Either that or it's the gremlins again!

harrison17 no está en línea Stack level 1

that's weird, my t key doesn't work very well sometimes

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My end call button(red) does not work. I took it apart and gave it my best uneducated look over but found no 'obvious' problem. It clicks when I push it but that's all. It's a hassle but I just use the trackball to end programs. I can live with it until the CDMA curve debuts.

The Curve sounds great, had it on att, but this is my phone for about the next 21 months....... lol.

mazin101 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my 8830's r button didn't work when I first got the phone exchanged it in store for a new one, I had a few people comeback and complain about the same issue