ok i have a curve and and 8800 on all quad band. im looking to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    ask me

8830 in the US call quality help

ok i have a curve and and 8800 on all quad band. im looking to get rid of the 8800 and getting an 8830 with verizon for faster web browsing. now my question and may be a dumb one. ive noticed the 8830 only runs on dual band in the US. how is the over all call quality and connection on the 8830 in the us? also. does jive talk work on the 8830. i havnt been with vzw in quite some time. but my tmo is aggravating me. any help on this would be helpfull. thanks in advance.

dcgree no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8830 in the US call quality help

~via BB (, I have the 8830 and it is a great phone with exceptional call clarity and able to use jivetalk with it too. That is one of my favorite applicatipons.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8830 in the US call quality help

I know someone will mention this, but "call quality by carrier depends significantly on where you are and the service that is available in your most used area". There! Now that that's out of the way, I doubt you can beat the call quality and reliability of the 8830. Data speeds are fantastic and, as far as I've found so far, there are few programs that don't run on this device (the only apps that I've found have been slightly odd ones that just haven't caught up to the latest versions of BB).

You will LOVE your change! Plus Verizon has the "try it free for 30 days" thingy going on. Give it a shot before you port your number from your other carrier. That's what I did when I switched from Cingular. I got my new Verizon phone with a temporary number. After jaw dropping speeds and lovely call quality I decided after a week to commit to the change. So, Verizon ported my number on my old phone to my new Verizon phone.

Hope that helps.

P.S. It's not "Quad band" or "Dual Band" that's the issue here. The dual and quad bands are completely different and there's no crossover between them. EVDO/CDMA (Verizon & Sprint) vs. GPRS/GSM (Cingular & TMo). The 8830 DOES operate on the GSM network in Europe (the first "global" blackberry from Verizon).
    Last edited by woodi68; 07-02-2007 at 11:07 AM.