Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm on my second 8830 in 2 weeks. Everyone I talk to on the phone ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8830 Horrible PHONE reception

Advertisement

I'm on my second 8830 in 2 weeks. Everyone I talk to on the phone tells me there is alot of background noise and my voice is shakey. Most of the time the reception on my end sounds fine. I just switched to Verizon for the new 8830. I had Nextel with my old 7520 and never had any complaints (that is when the call was actually completed).
    Is it the 8830 or is it Verizon? I heard Sprint is going to have the 8830 in a few weeks and Cingular has the Curve which is close to the 8830. I have 2 weeks left in my 30 day trial period and I need to make a decision. I love the 8830, I'm just tired of the complaints! Is there any fix? I have read of similar problems from other users but no solutions. I need some advice.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: 8830 Horrible PHONE reception

Quote Originally Posted by sgardiner
    I'm on my second 8830 in 2 weeks. Everyone I talk to on the phone tells me there is alot of background noise and my voice is shakey. Most of the time the reception on my end sounds fine. I just switched to Verizon for the new 8830. I had Nextel with my old 7520 and never had any complaints (that is when the call was actually completed).
    Is it the 8830 or is it Verizon? I heard Sprint is going to have the 8830 in a few weeks and Cingular has the Curve which is close to the 8830. I have 2 weeks left in my 30 day trial period and I need to make a decision. I love the 8830, I'm just tired of the complaints! Is there any fix? I have read of similar problems from other users but no solutions. I need some advice.
    I think it has something to do with your provider. My friends use the 8830 and never had a problem with it. I use an 8800 never had that experience
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

EddyBrock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BA33BC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Everyone that has this phone for verizon seems to have the same issues, I hope sprint's version doesn't have the same problems. I'll just wait what people have to say about the sprint version before I get one.

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~never had this problem. This phone is actually the best phone I ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~never had this problem. This phone is actually the best phone I ever had!
    It's the best phone I ever had too. I think I'm going to switch to ATT and a curve. I'm not sure how good their service is either, but at least it will buy me another 30 days.

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2

There's been a variety of posts about the call quality problem, and it appears to be a device issue. It's hit or miss, but don't think that going to the 8820 from Sprint is automatically going to fix your problems.

Verizon, for all their issues, has the best network out there. (according to Consumer Reports) I'm sure that Verizon tweaking the 88xx to fit their CDMA network had some impact, but I personally have had zero problems with call quality.

I'd recommend taking the devices back until you got one that worked for you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think I'm going to order an 8830 on line from Sprint. Hopefully their service is better and then I can compare the two before returning the Verizon 8830. I looked at the curve and it looks cheaply made.

2harsh4u no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm on my 2nd BB 8830. The call quality issues (echo and major background noise) is not isolated to a just a few units. This is widespread problem.
    I'm returning my 8830 and switching to the Pearl (AT&T)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are right! The audio at ATT sounds much better (on both ends). Good luck!

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

No issues with my 8830 except the horrible blue backlighting on the keyboard, but thats merely an opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by ofelas
    No issues with my 8830 except the horrible blue backlighting on the keyboard, but thats merely an opinion...
    That opinion is shared by many! I hear the Sprint 8830 backlight is white. How nice for them.

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

I tried a Telus (Canadian) 8830 this past Saturday for a couple days. I have to say the keys are outstanding (clear, distinct clicks & they seem to be very slightly smaller than my VZW keys, so there's a slight spacing between all of them).
    The backlighting is also white, makes the keys way easier to read.
    I do prefer the hardware, but the roaming list of countries is pretty limited...don't know if the SIM card is unlocked, but roaming is expensive as hell with Canadian carriers seems like.

Tahoe41 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry to hear about problems some are having with the reception quality. I have had no complaints and have been using Verizon for years. Just bought my first BB (an 8830) and it seems to have every bit the same reception and quality as my old Motorola phone. However, I am in the SF Bay Area. Same goes for when the phone is paired with my hands free car kit (Motorola IHF1000).

Mike

blueybone no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Seanmtx
    There's been a variety of posts about the call quality problem, and it appears to be a device issue. It's hit or miss, but don't think that going to the 8820 from Sprint is automatically going to fix your problems.

Verizon, for all their issues, has the best network out there. (according to Consumer Reports) I'm sure that Verizon tweaking the 88xx to fit their CDMA network had some impact, but I personally have had zero problems with call quality.

I'd recommend taking the devices back until you got one that worked for you.
    [FONT=Arial]I agree, I think it is hit or miss, I worried about this while I waited for my Firm’s IT group to give me the phone. Since I have had the phone I have asked everyone how the sound quality was on their end, everyone said it was great even when I was on speaker phone. I think the phone is great, my first BB and I am very impressed - miss my camera for though.[/FONT]

PeteTheGreek no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought mine today . . . i hope i dont encounter the same problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast