My Blackberry 8830 device has a problem. It has recently deleted all text messages sent ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

aewing30 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8830 Help!

Advertisement

My Blackberry 8830 device has a problem. It has recently deleted all text messages sent and received and has only left emails from the last three days. I have encountered this problem before but received a replacement device. This problem has now occurred on my new device. Please help!!! Is this a problem with the device or my carrier Verizon Wireless? Has anyone else had these problems

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sounds like a low memory issue. How much memory is left on the device? Did you have a low amount of memory left on the original BB before swapping it for the new BB?

I have over a gig left on the memory card and i have 8368617 bytes of file free memory. I don't remember how much memory was left on old phone. I do have alot of downloaded apps and themes however. Could these be causeing the memory issues?

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    Iam having the same issue. I have similar amount of free memory. That is 8mb correct? Is there any way to get a low memeory warning? My device seems to go from 5mb free to 0mb free after 1 phone call. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No I have not heard of any low memory warnings. The only solution I have heard so far is to delete all text messages every couple of days so there is no chance for a low memory delete of everything. So far this method has worked well and I have not had this problem again

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    If it is a memory issue this thread can help in making more memory available-

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Try doing a battery pull to reset the memory. That will sometimes bring back emails and text messages.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....