Any word on when we might be able to actually use the GPS on the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

HTodd no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Gps

Advertisement

Any word on when we might be able to actually use the GPS on the 8830. I think the position Verizon has taken is pretty silly. "Free the GPS"

jjtown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: 8830 Gps

I have 8830 on Bell its worked from day 1 on BB maps turn GPS on got to options>advanced options>GPS then enable GPS

ashzaki no está en línea Stack level 1

As of two day sago, this is what I got from Verizon

We apologize for the confusion. The GPS feature that comes with our Blackberry 8830 can only be used with Emergency 911 services. If you choose to use third party GPS applications or features, then you will need to use your Blackberry device with a GPS receiver. The GPS receiver will connect to the Blackberry device via Bluetooth and transmit the information to the Blackberry device. At this time, we are unable to state if or when additional GPS features will be offered to Verizon Wireless customers using the 8830 device.

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

Works fine on Sprint. You watch, Verizon is looking to cash in on this somehow.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This attitude towards their products and customers will end up biting them in the ***.I'm sure they're already hurting from iphone transfers.
    Only reasn I'm with them is because my company pays for it. Been lied to and unhappy with vzw since day one.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by HTodd
    Any word on when we might be able to actually use the GPS on the 8830. I think the position Verizon has taken is pretty silly. "Free the GPS"
    Nothing definite. It seems like they're working on getting their own navigator app to work with it.

This sort of thing is precisely why I won't even consider VZW.

txxg no está en línea Stack level 1

I made Verizon give me a $100 credit on the bill for the cost to purchase an external GPS receiver. It took three phone calls to a L2 supervisor followed with a request to be contacted back from their supervisor. I never received a return phone call for any of the request - they ignored me. So, I would have the 48 hours and then call them back and complain and make the same requet. They told me it was a security issue with their network. BS - the GPS works off of US Government Sats and has nothing to do with their cell phone signal. Maps using the cell network with update maps based on positions received from the GPS receiver.

Verizon is a LIAR and that's why I would never use them for a provider unless it's the only available option. That being the case for me!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi txxg, you should switch to Sprint and get built in GPS that you can use on all apps that need it.