I migrated from a Samsung i730 and was used to the ability to view Excel ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

dkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C104E8

8830 file access

Advertisement

I migrated from a Samsung i730 and was used to the ability to view Excel speadsheets and have a Explorer like program, and the use of Documents and Notes. Now on my new 8830 I was told by Verizon support and RIM that the 8830 cannot store Excel and Documents or use an Explorer like app. (at least with RIM supported utilities or programs) Also disappointed with Mono music.
    I tried the eFile app and couldn't get it to view pdf or xls files. Do other Blackberry users have the ability to do this? I assumed I could when I changed to the 8830 but I guess I was assuming incorrectly. RIM Support was actually surprised you could not view pdf files on the MicroSD chip. He was very nice and said he would add a Customer Request for features.
    Missing my i730 now.
    ~dk

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Re: 8830 file access

I've got the 8830 from Bell Mobility and I can open and view both xls and pdf files on the blackberry, I can't however save them to the media card, the menu doesn't provide that option. I haven't tried transfering them via media connection or computer and then launching them but will give that a try and let you know how it goes.

RadioDude no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by onlindis10
    I've got the 8830 from Bell Mobility and I can open and view both xls and pdf files on the blackberry, I can't however save them to the media card, the menu doesn't provide that option. I haven't tried transfering them via media connection or computer and then launching them but will give that a try and let you know how it goes.
    This is the same problem i discussed with rim a few weeks ago,no matter if it's a pdf,excel or ppt it is saved as a jpeg(jpg),there is no other to store them in there native form so i went and purchased repligo and now i have all my ppt's,excel's,pdf's and word doc's.
    Last edited by RadioDude; 07-15-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Music_Diplomat no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problem, there are said to be "free" pdf readers out there in the 3rd party software world but i have yet to find them. i have tried beamberry and it installs and seems as though it would work but when i click on "open with beamberry" it never opens. i have tried re-installing several times, i have the newest os (4.2.xx) whatever it is; and i have tried "eoffice" as well but it just takes up a bunch of space and does nothing really unless you pay for the entire program. wattpad is only good for what they have available. I have thousands of files, (pdf, txt, jpeg, etc) i could be enjoying on my new bb 8830 but no cigar. it really sucks. if anyone figures a way around this problem please send me a message on here or at: Music_Diplomat@yahoo.com

thanks.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Quote Originally Posted by dkamp
    I migrated from a Samsung i730 and was used to the ability to view Excel speadsheets and have a Explorer like program, and the use of Documents and Notes. Now on my new 8830 I was told by Verizon support and RIM that the 8830 cannot store Excel and Documents or use an Explorer like app. (at least with RIM supported utilities or programs) Also disappointed with Mono music.
    I tried the eFile app and couldn't get it to view pdf or xls files. Do other Blackberry users have the ability to do this? I assumed I could when I changed to the 8830 but I guess I was assuming incorrectly. RIM Support was actually surprised you could not view pdf files on the MicroSD chip. He was very nice and said he would add a Customer Request for features.
    Missing my i730 now.
    ~dk
    I found that installing the Attachment service, made me able to view PDF's.
    Repligo, would be another option...
    And BTW: I DONT miss my i730...