Hey Guys, I have had this issue 3 times in the last month and was ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

The Factor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8830 Disappearing Messages

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

I have had this issue 3 times in the last month and was wondering if anyone else noticed this.

I have the Sprint BB8830 and most of my messages just disappear off the device. This includes all mailboxes as well as my call log. Sent and received. For example, my primary email box has been erased except for Sept 5, part of Sept 4 and one message from aug 27.

I know I am not accidentaly erasing these and I have my setings set for "keep forever." This is really annoying because I need to keep my emails on the device for later reference. I do send blind copies to a seperate email. I have done this since the first time this happened, but it is still a chore to need to be at a desktop to check old messages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc K

The Factor no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 Disappearing Messages

Available memory is 5761319 Bytes. The OS, not sure. Looks like Ver 4.2.2.123/ Platform 3.0.0.64.

Not sure if that is what you need. If not, let me know. Thanks for the quick response!

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~5mb is kinda low for available memory. Don't you guys think that? I recommend a reset and remove some of the un-necessary files (extra language, unused themes, very old emails with attchments ...etc). Also check out a very good thread here on pinstack re:losing phone log it has some instructions that could help you.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

I also have a Sprint 8830 and the exact same thing happened to me. I switched devices and hadnt had a problem yet.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have an 8830 (sprint) and I have vzw os installed. I have about 15mb free.