Hey all- I have purchased the following : wirelessground dot com/bl88usbsychc.html This cradle will charge ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

sideone no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 - Charging issues

Advertisement

Hey all-

I have purchased the following :

wirelessground dot com/bl88usbsychc.html

This cradle will charge the 8830 properly, but doesnt seem to charge the battery on the inside. There was an issue with this cradle. I have had to use the original wallcharger from rim, but plugged into the unit to make the device work. I have not been able to get it to work with the included adapters. However, if my battery is low, the charging will reboot the unit and sometimes produce an error message if the phone is still plugged in after a reboot.

I have also purchased the following:

wirelessground dot com/blcarchicch.html

This charger just does not work with the 8830. It does not charge. It only reboots the phone and if the device is still connected after a reboot, it will produce an error message.

I have tried this with 2 different 8830 (verizon v4.2.2.66 Platform 3.0.0.45) phones, and found the same issues. Can anyone suggest a workaround for these issues? I burn about 2 batteries a day on this phone as this is my work line.

Thanks,

sideone

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

sideone no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 - Charging issues

i have, but i wanted to find out what i should replace it with? any suggestions? SHould i just stick to RIM products?

s1

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by sideone
    i have, but i wanted to find out what i should replace it with? any suggestions? SHould i just stick to RIM products?

s1
    With chargers, I've always found that OEM is best. Even with the entry level Nokia, the 3rd party chargers I've always had issues with. It's worth it to spend the extra for OEM. Worst case if your phone blows up, a on OEM may void warranty.
    FYI, a OEM RAZR charger works great on a blackberry.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use a Motorola car charger without issue, but I have found that off name products can be unreliable. I one time had a car of mine serviced thinking that my power point was broken, but it was the no name charger that I was using.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    FYI, a OEM RAZR charger works great on a blackberry.

But not the other way around. I can't get my MotoKrzr to charge using the BB wall charger. Says "Unauthourized Charger". Guess the voltage is different.