i want to know if its possible to use diffrent cdma operator on 8830 world ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

deepakgarg no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 change cdma operator

Advertisement

i want to know if its possible to use diffrent cdma operator on 8830 world edition.like i bought it with reliance connection now want to use tata indicom...plz help

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's possible, but you need to do two things before it happens.

First and foremost, before signing any contract, ask tata indicom if they accept other carrier's phones.

Second, if the answer you got is yes, when you remove the 8830 from the reliance account, ask to have the ESN released so that the phone can be used in another carrier.

deepakgarg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by huracan View Post
    It's possible, but you need to do two things before it happens.

First and foremost, before signing any contract, ask tata indicom if they accept other carrier's phones.

Second, if the answer you got is yes, when you remove the 8830 from the reliance account, ask to have the ESN released so that the phone can be used in another carrier.
    its a uim based phone n all gsm networks r working.but cdma uim cards r not getting network except reliance.does it still need to release esn from operator coz i read somewhere its uim that contains esn

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry for the delay in answering.

hmm, you are correct, the card should carry all the info. However, your handset could also be locked for CDMA use on the Reliance network only (and unlocked for GSM)

You still need to contact Reliance for an unlock code and instructions in your case.