My 8830 used to have all kinds of Bluetooth options, in particular A2DP, Headset, AV ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

vandenhooff no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8830 Bluetooth - why only DUN (no A2DP etc)

Advertisement

My 8830 used to have all kinds of Bluetooth options, in particular A2DP, Headset, AV control, DUN, etc. I have listened to music on Motorola HT820 stereo headphone many times. It's great!

Today I wanted to transfer a file from my Vaio VGN-SZ120P/B so I connected it to the 8830 via Bluetooth. There was no option to transfer files?? I couldn't see the Blackberry in Windows Explorer. So I went through the pairing process with the 8830 and the Vaio. Now all I have foe Bluetooth is Dial Up Networking (DUN) - useless for me.

Any idea guys?

Thanks
    Dennis

mr2spyder no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 Bluetooth - why only DUN (no A2DP etc)

Have you tried pulling the battery to reset it, I've found that i have to do that for my stereo headset to work sometimes. because i'll be able to take a call but not listen to music. Other then that I wouldn't know without trying for myself.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

You can transfer files once you're in the BB media player. Click on the BB button and select "Receive Using Bluetooth". I believe you can only transfer one file at a time. Hope this helps.

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

what operating system are you running on the vaio? Xp or vista? also when you say "My 8830 used to have all kinds of Bluetooth options, in particular A2DP, Headset, AV control, DUN, etc." are those services listed on the phone or on the computer.

vandenhooff no está en línea Stack level 1

I appreciate the time you took to reply. Here's my follow up:

tavella81 said: You can transfer files once you're in the BB media player. Click on the BB button and select "Receive Using Bluetooth". I believe you can only transfer one file at a time. Hope this helps.
    Yes this is currently available, however previously I'm certain I used Windows Explorer to more easily swap files back and forth with a drag and drop.
    sensejake said: what operating system are you running on the vaio? Xp or vista? also when you say "My 8830 used to have all kinds of Bluetooth options, in particular A2DP, Headset, AV control, DUN, etc." are those services listed on the phone or on the computer.
    My VGN-SZ120-P/B model Vaio has Windows XP SP2.

I'm sorry I may have mislead you...on the BB, once connected, in Bluetooth Options I highlight SonyVAIO and click Device Properties. There are no services are listed and it remains that way even after I click the trackball and choose refresh Refresh Service List.
    Here's what I have done so far: uninstalled the Toshiba Bluetooth software (using Control Panel) and rebooted. At the Found New Hardware message I had XP load the drivers from the bth.inf file after editing that file to include the following two lines (which is the hardware id info of the bluetooth radio present in the system and found in the Device Manager, Details tab)

Alps Bluetooth Controller= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_300c
    Alps Bluetooth Controller= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_300c&Rev_1915

I searched and played around all weekend trying to resolve this issue, much to the chagrin of my wife and kids who would have enjoyed spending "some time" with me. I believe it's an error/problem on the Vaio side but cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix it.

Any continued support/comments are greatly appreciated.