Can anyone tell me if I can profile more than one bluetooth device on my ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

8830 Bluetooth Question

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me if I can profile more than one bluetooth device on my 8830. I have a Jawbone headset and a Garmin Nuvi that has a bluetooth feature.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8830 Bluetooth Question

This was for 4.1 OS so i would assume 4.2 would be more of the same. Hope it helps.

BlackBerry device cannot be discovered if already connected to a device enabled with Bluetooth technology

Doc ID : KB05167
    Last Modified : 2006-11-16
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    • BlackBerry® device with Bluetooth® wireless technology
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 and earlier
    • SDR73605
    Note: For information on which BlackBerry devices contain Bluetooth wireless technology, see Support for Bluetooth Technology at www.blackberry.com.

Problem

When the BlackBerry device is connected to a device enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology (for example, headset, car kit, laptop), it cannot be discovered by another device enabled with Bluetooth technology. For example, if the BlackBerry device is paired with a headset, you cannot discover the BlackBerry device using a laptop (even if the BlackBerry device is in discoverable mode). However, the BlackBerry device can still connect to multiple devices, as long as you initiate the connection from the BlackBerry device.

Workaround

Use the BlackBerry device to initiate the connection to the second device enabled with Bluetooth technology.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

So let me understand, I can profile more than one device on my BB, but only one bluetooth device can work at a time.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

From what the article says (it seems) the BB is just not discoverable once connected but you can connect from the BB to multiple devices as long as you initiate the connection from the BB.