Hey all, I had a 7520 and backed it up when I got my new ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

883l no está en línea Stack level 2

8830 blackberry messenger = no icon?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I had a 7520 and backed it up when I got my new Sprint 8830. I restored it, and everything came up. For some reason though, messenger texts wouldn't go through. I assumed this was due to it still being attached to my old PIN or something. So I deleted it, and downloaded the 8830 from blackberry.com/messenger

Now, it says it's there, I verified it with my desktop manager and it says it's there, but... there's no icon. I've clicked "View All" and done everything I can think of, and it's just not there. I re-downloaded, rebooted, still nothing. Any ideas?

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8830 blackberry messenger = no icon?

You need to have Sprint add your internet to your phone...there are some steps to it, but I can't remember...I had to do the same thing when I went from a 7520 to a 8703 to a 8830....

Try, Options, Mobile Network, Start Provisioning...Let me know if that works...

Welcome
    D-Tole

It said it completed successfully, but to no avail. Still no icon. My e-mail comes through fine, and my net works just dandy (I can go to websites, which is how I d/l'd the program). Still nada

two hours on tech and still nothing