I've had my Verizon 8830 for a few months now and things are great...except....every few ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2

8830 BIS Connection Sporadic

Advertisement

I've had my Verizon 8830 for a few months now and things are great...except....every few weeks, I get an email saying the account is not active, and I have to go to the BIS page and re-validate my account.

I can send the books just fine, and this has happened 5-6 times...usually I can just re-validate, but today it's saying it cannot do so.

Any thoughts on this??

PS...sorry if this is belongs in the BIS forum.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8830 BIS Connection Sporadic

Have you called Verizon's BB support group? I've never had this issue with my carrier's BIS.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have this happen to my account but, it is for my OWA mail. I happens when we take Exchange down for maint. Do you have more than 1 account setup on your bb?

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2

I have not called Verizon's support....typically I've found that my colon has better content knowledge than support lines.

This is for my Lotus Notes email account...it might coincide with server maintainence, but I don't know for sure.

I do have 2 accounts set up on the device...1 work, 1 personal.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have the same thing, 1 personal and 1 work and when I/we take the Exchange server down for longer than 15 minuites, give or take a few, it happens and I get an email stating that is no longer responding and I need to log into BIS Portal to reactivate it. I click on the activate button and there it is.

Do you know if they made any changed to your Notes Server? If they are no longer allowing BIS to see it, I do not know how BIS connects to Notes.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 08-08-2007 at 12:38 PM.

yosinyc no está en línea Stack level 1
    MWPatterson, any ideas why this happens? I've got the same thing, when I bring exchange down for main., some users have to reactivate.

please help if youve found a solution.

Thanks,
    Yosi