Greetings Folks! So I've been reading around the forums for tips on increasing memory. Read ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

8830 BB AXL Question

Advertisement

Greetings Folks!

So I've been reading around the forums for tips on increasing memory. Read thru a whole lot on the pearl and some earlier versions of the BB.

I have the 8830 with verizon and was looking through the balckberyy.axl file. Some interesting stuff on it really. Most if it is hard to read bc it's so dense with info but there are a lot of stuff on it with other languages.

Now, I know I opted to delete additional languages when I first setup my BB. When I go to options>advanced options> there are no languages there so I can only assume that those extra languages have been dumped.

Most folks have said that there axl file is in programs?common files> shared>loader, etc... but I find this axl file in the RIM folder of my programs under JDE>simulator. Is this the right file I am looking at?

I was browsing thru the axl mostly to get up the nerver to mess with and dump some of the preloaded crap that I cant directly do thru the bb. I wish there was step by step for the 8830.

Just in case there is someone out there that is curious or knows more than I do about this stuff, I have converted the axl file to a text file and attached it.

Basically I want to ID if I am still hugging language files and the proloaded pix & tunes.

thanks in advance!

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8830 BB AXL Question

To be honest STOP waisting your time. The 8830 os has a memory problem. I have had the Verizon and now the Sprint. My free memory stays around 11 and sometimes drops to 8 , but there are no problems with the phone. I do a soft reset from time. And clear the log and that is it. I don't think there is anything to worry about though. I have never lost an email or sms message that I didn't delete myself and most of the programs open rather quickly and rarely do I see any glitches. So if you are concerned about memory being low, well be glad you don't own a phone with windows mobile!

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8830 BB AXL Question

You know what.... this is solid advise. I keep going back and forth about doing something and well I have memory right now. I, too, go back and forth with the same amount of memory. Initally, I dropped to zero and was loosing sms messages an phone logs. I fixed that up and now I dance around the same levels as you.

I did, however, do a hard reset a couple of days ago and got up to 20MB. Without doing anything to it, I leaked memory and dropped to about 16MP then to 9MB. The last day or twi I have been stable around 11-8 MB range.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I really, really appreiate it.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    To be honest STOP waisting your time. The 8830 os has a memory problem. I have had the Verizon and now the Sprint. My free memory stays around 11 and sometimes drops to 8 , but there are no problems with the phone. I do a soft reset from time. And clear the log and that is it. I don't think there is anything to worry about though. I have never lost an email or sms message that I didn't delete myself and most of the programs open rather quickly and rarely do I see any glitches. So if you are concerned about memory being low, well be glad you don't own a phone with windows mobile!