How is the battery life for the 8830? I have one on the way to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Question 8830 Battery Life

Advertisement

How is the battery life for the 8830? I have one on the way to replace my 8130. I have to usually give the 8130 a boost during the day. Thanks!
    Andy

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would just go ahead and invest in an extended battery from www.seidioonline.com or www.eaccess.com

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    After charging overnight I can normally expect mine to go about a day and 3/4 without recharging (either wall charger or computer usb), medium to heavy use. Of course expectations can vary, and I have seen mine drain supper fast when I've been in low signal areas for long, didn't realize it and did not turn off my antena.
    I think reasonably you can expect full day use out of your 8830. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    I have been able to go a full (7a to 10p) on a charge. Got to the red battery on the last call.
    That was with no GPS usage.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

the jude no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can usually get at least a full day use, with average use. However, I do always carry a spare factory battery fully charged in a CF card holder, which has come in handy several times for heavy-use days. (I use a RIM outboard battery charger to top off the spare battery overnight.)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3
    lasts all day consistently. I also have a spare but never need it. just charge it every night while I sleep, and that is perfect.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just got the phone today. I like. It's a good size for me. Thanks for all the responses!!
    Andy

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I agree with the other stackers-at least a day with normal use. I've had mine for a week now since switching from the 8130 and I get a full days use at a minimum~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FlashAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask.
    I can usually get 2 or 3 days out of mine. Not sure what I'm doing differently, though as everyone else seems to only get one.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use mine moderately (email, browsing, text) during the day w/bluetooth on and mine last about 12 hours, give or take a few.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I too get about 12 or so hours without a charge and I use the heII out of it.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I usually get 2 sometimes 3 days out of a charge during normal use. 24 hours seems to be the most common, not sure why...

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think the implications of 24 hrs comes from folks going the whole day before recharging regardles of the battery level at the end of the day.
    So you can expect more than one day if you find yourselves unable to hook up the BB. My experience so far has been from 'testing out' and seeing how long I could go on purpose and not limiting my usage, since it's my preference to normally recharge every night irregardles.
    As a side note I once found myself in a town in Mexico for a week with basic (roaming) CDMA signal but fringe EVDO. I turned off the data to keep from it trying to search for a signal and when I noticed the decrease consumption decided to see how long it would go. Middle of the fifth day later it was only down to 40% with several calls a day, PIM, music and games.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    I get a few days use with light talking without a charge. I use more email/IM then anything else. I have EVDO all the time as well.