Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I the only one that feels like the volume of ringtones and such is ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

shaides no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Audio Volume (ringtones etc) etc..

Advertisement

Am I the only one that feels like the volume of ringtones and such is way too low? Does anyone know of any ways to get it louder, or even software that amplifies ringtones or anything? Also the vibrate is so weak as well, when it is in my pocket and it vibrates, I don't even feel it! It doesn't help that it doesn't vibrate and ring at the same time, one actually offsets the other. I miss 90% of all my calls because of these problems.

baerenator no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8830 Audio Volume (ringtones etc) etc..

I posted a reply to this on another forum but the bottom line is:
    Yes it is low, if adjusting the volume in the advanced section of profiles doesn't bring it up enough you're out of luck. According to tech support, no other fix and they haven't identified this a major problem according to them.

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

there is back way to convert mp3 ringtone to wav than go to Windows sound recorder and use function "increase volume by 25%" several times saving file. Than convert it back to mp3 and load to BB.. it worked for me
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by shaides
    Am I the only one that feels like the volume of ringtones and such is way too low? Does anyone know of any ways to get it louder, or even software that amplifies ringtones or anything? Also the vibrate is so weak as well, when it is in my pocket and it vibrates, I don't even feel it! It doesn't help that it doesn't vibrate and ring at the same time, one actually offsets the other. I miss 90% of all my calls because of these problems.

Google for Audacity. It will allow you to adjust the gain on an mp3 ringtone file. I had the same problem and solved it in a matter of minutes by increasing the gain on my favorite ringtone and downloading it to the phone with the desktop manager.

baerenator no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok Audacity beta 1.3 worked the stable release didn't on Vista, I was able to make one of my files louder and it made a big difference, next question, how can I get to the internal ringers installed with the OS? Is there a fileviewer/editor that can copy and paste back and forth? Forgive me if this is a dumb question I've doen it with a Q and WM devices but never tried it with a Blackberry.
    Thanks

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

Well CRAP! That really stinks. I am very dissapointed about this.

Anybody else notice an echo? While on the phone?

Tesshin no está en línea Stack level 2

I've noticed the echo, and what is everyone using to make the MP3 ringtones? I need a sw that will cut up my MP3s so I can get the best parts.

kellanscott no está en línea Stack level 1

audacity is free and easy, even if you've got little patience

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

I just got the VZW 8830 and put an MP3 on it for a ringtone. It is loud as heck when I play it by going through the media shorcut and going into ringtones. However, when I set it as the ringtone with the volume cranked up it is still quiet. Any ideas?

When I was in the media section I did increase the volume all of the way up. In the profile section I have the ringer set to high.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"

BrianFeinzimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

There is no solution for the low ringer problem when using mp3's. My solution has been to use tones that are inherently louder. I haven't used any of the other programs mentioned but I do have iTunes and it also has that volume increasing capability. Then I just drag and drop. But if there is a better way I wouldn't mind hearing about. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom
    There is no solution for the low ringer problem when using mp3's. My solution has been to use tones that are inherently louder. I haven't used any of the other programs mentioned but I do have iTunes and it also has that volume increasing capability. Then I just drag and drop. But if there is a better way I wouldn't mind hearing about. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This is an mp3 file I have been using as my ringtone, it is a ringtone I had on my Moto Q and after increasing its gain using Audacity moved it to my BB 8830. I guarantee it is load enough, I'm deaf in one ear and never have a problem hearing this in or out of the holster.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Msimon no está en línea Stack level 1

Sniperet, Could you email me your ringer after it has been made louder so I could install it on my 8830? I would be willing to receive any ringers loud enough to hear.

Thanks,
    Mike
    msimon@improvedliving.com
    Last edited by Msimon; 09-24-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Msimon no está en línea Stack level 1

I Google for Audacity and It allowed me to adjust the gain on an mp3 ringtone file. The only problem, it would not let me export it as an mp3, it stated I needed to download a ilamb program and I can't figure out how to work this, any bideas?
    Thanks,
    Mike

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

msimon: the program i believe it tells you to download is called winlame.dll its a encoder for encoding mp3s. Its out there lame . buanzo . com . ar/ (not lvl 2 stacker so cant post the full URL) thats where u can download it for use w/ audacity. Another program out there which I played around with that is freeware is called MP3Gain (avail on sourceforge.net) google it out youll find it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast