Hi all, I have a VZW 8830 (OS 4.2.2.176) and am using gmail pop through ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

biggysmall2 no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Attachment Problems

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have a VZW 8830 (OS 4.2.2.176) and am using gmail pop through BIS. Unfortunately, I am unable to open email attachments of any kind. I can click on them and click "open attachment", however the BB just sits at the download screen with the little blue clock by the attachment. Nothing happens. I can click the file and then click "retrieve", and it says "request already sent. resend?" I can do this ad infinitum and nothing happens --- get a small burst of activity with the arrows, but no download.

I am able to download files via the browser, so don't understand why this isn't working. Tried reinstalling Blackberry Attachment Service, but that did not work

Any ideas???

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8830 Attachment Problems

is it with EVERY attachment? or just certain ones? maybe the files are too large? have you tried opening an attachment that is very small, say under 50k?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    is it with EVERY attachment? or just certain ones? maybe the files are too large? have you tried opening an attachment that is very small, say under 50k?
    It's with everything --- just sits there. I've been trying with a 7k jpg.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

and the blackberry attachment services is listed in your applications on your bb?
    is it just emails to the gmail account?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    and the blackberry attachment services is listed in your applications on your bb?
    is it just emails to the gmail account?
    Yep- BB attachment service is on there --- deleted and then reinstalled. I only have one email account set up on it.