Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the Seidio adapter with the microphone built in. I have purchase two of ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: 8830 as MP3 Player

Advertisement

I have the Seidio adapter with the microphone built in. I have purchase two of them and they've replaced one for free. They are (unfortunately) of poor build quality, at least the three I've had have been. Perhaps it's more related tot he connection on the call button, maybe the non-microphone version is better.

Regarding a standard bt headset and music, I don't think you can ever listen to music on a standard headset. Only on a stereo headset. Doesn't much matter that the music is broadcasting in Stereo or that the phone has stereo capabilities. I believe it's just like the language between the phone and the bt. Mono bt just can't receive music signals.

I've dumped my iPod and now ONLY use my 8830. I have a 2 gig microsd card and about 20 albums on it. But I did have to download a DRM stripper for some of my protected music since the BB media player wouldn't play it if it was protected. But now it works great.

wrknhard no está en línea Stack level 1

Woodi68, how is the sound quality now that you have the right setup to properly play mp3?
    You replaced your ipod, so I'm assuming the sound quality is equivalent or better to it?

flyhatch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32cf1d94

so, if i want to listen to my music from my bb thru my car speakers by plugging into the aux jack available on newer radios. what do i need. the adapters i am seeing have male and female ends, it seems that a double male adapter would be needed.

thanks for any help

e
    Last edited by flyhatch; 01-16-2008 at 02:22 PM.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

I'll drop this in here too...Plantronics Voyager 855 makes an excellent stereo bluetooth headphone as well as a headset. Controls for the player are integrated in the headset. I've used it on my 8820 and my friend's 8830.

more info:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_8820_a.html

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can't speak on the bluetooth headsets, but after (like many other people on this board) unsucessfully trying a Radio Shack adapter, I picked up a pair of BB OEM headphones on eBay for $10. They work perfectly.

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
    Can you flesh this out a bit? I have a 8830 flashed to 4.2.2.148 but I can't get mono mp3 playback through my normal bluetooth earpieces (motorola hs850 or jabra bt180). Is there a trick of some kind? Special app or setting? I REALLY don't want to have to carry around my old wm5 smartphone just to get bluetooth mp3 playback. :-)
    Try using xplayer I use it on my 8100 and I can listen to music through my moto h700 without problems.

knarfl1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone having 2.5 adapter issue, you might want to check the length of the plug stem and the number of rings on the plug stem.

8830 requires a 2.5 jack with 3 rings on the plug stem (some only have 2 rings.) I’m sure this is common knowledge but just clarifying for noobs like me.

Secondly, the plug stem length seems to make a difference. I bought a couple of non-OEM 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapters which did not work. Then I bought an OEM headset and noticed the stem length was longer than the piece-o-crap adapters by about 1mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12