Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got a nice deal on a microsd card yesterday and bought one for my ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

cmancuso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ????

8830 as MP3 Player

Advertisement

I got a nice deal on a microsd card yesterday and bought one for my 8830. I assumed i would be able to use the 8830 as an MP3 player or at least to listen to books on tape. I use a bluetooth headset (not stereo) and assumed it would work to listen to media files. Wrong! ok, so i have an AUX jack in my car and thought i could use that for listening in my car. Wrong! i tried calling Verizon for help but they are clueless.

ANyway, i was wondering, hoping, that someone may be able to help me here. I find it hard to believe that RIM would give the device this capability and not allow you to at minimum hook it into an aux jack and listen to music.

Am i missing something?

thanks for the help

Carl

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: 8830 as MP3 Player

The jack in the side of the phone should work. It should be like plugging in a pair of headphones. Are you setting the AUX input in the stereo? Audio over the bluetooth mono headset needs some hacking of the OS. I've only seem it work on the 8300.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ????

i figured it would work on the AUX input and was shocked it didnt. interestingly enough, when i have the jack plugged in it is still playing through the BB ear speaker. Maybe i have a bad cord. If you say it works, i will check out the cord.

thanks

PIN/ID
    ????

OK. so it doesnt work with a stereo plug. Works fine with a headset (mono) jack but i cant seem to get it to work with stereo very disappointing

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have experienced this same thing.... Kinda sad its not as easy as one would think. Shoot... Easy isn't the right word... Not possible is the right word

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Here's the trick. You need to go to http://seidioonline.com and get a 4-conductor 2.5mm male plug to mcrophone/3-conductor female 3.5mm female jack. They have several different kinds. A regular converter from Radio Shack will NOT work.

Once it arrives you can plug in regular headphones. You can also plug into your car stereo aux input so you can play your BB media player through the car stero and when a call comes in it automagically pauses the music while you talk through the above mentioned microphone.

The other part of your question regarded playing the 8830 music through bluetooth. Both the phone (any phone) and the Bluetooth headset need to support A2DP and have the same implementation. The 8830 supports A2DP and we have played it in mono on a regular BT headset.

I've read that there is a lag with A2DP BT that becomes apparent when watching movies but I haven't personally tested this.

dirkdigital no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c5585c

What size plug is on the 8830? I am unsure where to find the proper headphone jack.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I use a bluethooth headset from Moto... works great for listening to music and doubles as a BT headset for calls...kinda echoey, but it serves it's purpose.

fratermus no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    The other part of your question regarded playing the 8830 music through bluetooth. Both the phone (any phone) and the Bluetooth headset need to support A2DP and have the same implementation. The 8830 supports A2DP and we have played it in mono on a regular BT headset.
    Can you flesh this out a bit? I have a 8830 flashed to 4.2.2.148 but I can't get mono mp3 playback through my normal bluetooth earpieces (motorola hs850 or jabra bt180). Is there a trick of some kind? Special app or setting? I REALLY don't want to have to carry around my old wm5 smartphone just to get bluetooth mp3 playback. :-)

tallelf78 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cmancuso
    ...when i have the jack plugged in it is still playing through the BB ear speaker. Maybe i have a bad cord. If you say it works, i will check out the cord.
    just an fyi...

i bought a adapter from Radio Shack to take the 3/32" jack in the BB and convert it to a 1/8" (normal) headphone jack and it didn't work (the sound kept coming from the BB ear speaker)

I konw there are some out there and stereo BT works, but make sure you test any adapters before leaving the store...
    Last edited by tallelf78; 08-26-2007 at 01:18 PM.

spade no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same experience that a mono bt headset did not work. So I went out and bought the moto S9....and it did not work either. But then finally, thanks to a thread on this board, I installed new firmware and tada the S9 works! yay.
    I wonder if you install the new version if your bt will work?

fratermus no está en línea Stack level 1

I think the .148 I flashed it to is the latest. Someone advise if I am wrong.

spade no está en línea Stack level 1

thats right

tomorrowneverkn no está en línea Stack level 3

yikes, I don't like the sound of this... I would rather not have to carry my Ipod & BB...

Sgooter no está en línea Stack level 1

The 2.5mm to 2.5mm adapter from Seidio will provide excellent stereo sound for your 8830.
    The Radio Shack adapter (same size and look) does not work with the 8830.
    My Jabra C220S wired stereo headset w/mic also works fine on my 8830.
    Sprint 8830 w/4GB card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast