I have an 8830 ( Sprint) which of course does not have a camera. I ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

j2iron no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 and Photos

Advertisement

I have an 8830 ( Sprint) which of course does not have a camera. I would like to be able to transfer photos from a camera to my blackberry and then email them to home. Is there any way to do this? Is there a application available to enable this feature? Does the software that comes with the BB have the ability to do this?

Thanks,

J2iron

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    The Desktop Manager can be installed with the Media Manager. If you enable mass storage on any SD card installed on your Berry, and you can connect the Berry and your camera to the PC at the same time, you can use the Explorer like interface of the Media Manager to copy files from the camera to the Berry.

If you can only connect one at a time, you can still copy the pix to a temp folder, and then to your Berry.

I will be travelling without a laptop. Is it possible to use just the camera, connected to the BB, and be abe to get the photos into the BB for uploading to the Web? Do you know of any software that could be put on the BB that would enable this?

Thanks for trying to help.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I have never seen anything of the such. Some how I'm thinking u would still need the camara drivers on the phone, also we only get 64mb. Seems far off to me~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ds8830nl no está en línea Stack level 2
    If your camera takes a SD memory card you could purchase a micro SD card with Adapter card and thus transfer the micro card with pictures from your camera to your BB.
    As for transferring those pics from the memory card via E-Mail you'll definitely need a 3rd party app.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by ds8830nl View Post
    If your camera takes a SD memory card you could purchase a micro SD card with Adapter card and thus transfer the micro card with pictures from your camera to your BB.
    As for transferring those pics from the memory card via E-Mail you'll definitely need a 3rd party app.
    Hmm, that's a pretty good idea. You can't connect the camera directly to the BB, but a microsd in an adaptor may work. To BB's without cameras not allow you to attach a photo to an email? Otherwise you could do that, one at a time.

You Guys are Good!

Many minds make light work. I think we may have something here. I like the SD card idea and I am going to experiment a little. There is also software that allows the user to have photo slide show and perhaps this might solve the problem.

It works!

I made out an email and then on the menu hit "attach file" You can then go thru your memory card on the BB 8830 and attach as many photos as you want. When you send the email, the photos are sent as attachments.

All I have to do is get another micro SD card with SD adapter for my camera and I am in business. No laptop to carry just to send photos!

Thanks guys...

ds8830nl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Glad it worked!

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can also just browse your photos on the mem card, hit menu, scroll down and you'll see "send via email." It's of course, a one at a time deal like that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~