I am new to BB and have struggled since getting it 2 month ago. So ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bpdkhaga no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 and Opera Mini

Advertisement

I am new to BB and have struggled since getting it 2 month ago. So far I am very unhappy w/ the BB browser. I hear that Opera Mini is the solution but when I go to their site, it says that my phone is not on supported list. I did try to download the high memory version anyway but cant seem to get it to work. Also when loading it, it says "low level network" detected. Do I want to pick that one or is that my neighbors wireless DSL. Also, I read on another thread something about changing TCP but I cant seem to find that option on Verizon 8830. Any clues?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 8830 and Opera Mini

The TCP should be in Options>Advanced Options>TCP. I am not sure what to put in there for Verizon but that's where you should look. I have often downloaded the low level network version of Opera Mini on my Pearl (it's not wireless DSL). You have the 8830 or the 8800? Your post says one device and your profile says a different device. If it's the 8830 I don't think you should have any problem downloading Opera Mini on it (I suggested this to a friend of someone a few days ago before my own Pearl crapped out).

fixed the profile thing...thanks. I looked under options>advanced options...no TCP. Do I really have to make changes to TCP for opera?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

u really shouldnt have to just run the configurator for opera mini
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

I got it. Had to load the low memory version. I haven't played w/it too much yet, but at first glance, not too thrilled with it! Am I missing something?