Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by bbueding when I had a 4gb SDHC card in my 8830 it ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tridentcruises no está en línea Stack level 1

Great

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bbueding View Post
    when I had a 4gb SDHC card in my 8830 it worked fine!
    You may be just who I am looking for! I just purchased from Verizon, a Blackberry, 8830, World Edition. The booklet says it will take a micro SD 4 GB. I have not been able to find ANY micro 4 GB memory it is all micro SDHC 4 GB. I have afraid to purchase the SDHC as I did not know if it would work. I called Verizon and they did not know either.

Is your 8830 a world edition? Do you think the SDHC will work in what I have?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tridentcruises View Post
    You may be just who I am looking for! I just purchased from Verizon, a Blackberry, 8830, World Edition. The booklet says it will take a micro SD 4 GB. I have not been able to find ANY micro 4 GB memory it is all micro SDHC 4 GB. I have afraid to purchase the SDHC as I did not know if it would work. I called Verizon and they did not know either.

Is your 8830 a world edition? Do you think the SDHC will work in what I have?
    That will work just fine.

This is an extremely good deal!

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroS...EWP2CJNJN0J83C

gunnypapa no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The 8830 WE only supports up to 4GB SD card

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    With version 4.2.2.365 for the Sprint 8830, found on the Blackberry website by clicking Support, then click Downloads, then click Blackberry Device Software and Blackberry Desktop Software, then click Access your service provider download site, then click Sprint L.C. under North America, then select Blackberry 8830 World Edition smartphone and click next, and downloading File name: 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel365_PL3.0.0.85_A4.2.2.196_Spri nt_.exe I have been able to format a 6GB card to 5.7 GB consistently and transfer files to and from the card, with both Roxio Media Manager and directly from Windows Explorer.
    Unfortunately the firmware is for Sprint and not Verizon.

pick3222 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    With version 4.2.2.365 for the Sprint 8830, found on the Blackberry website by clicking Support, then click Downloads, then click Blackberry Device Software and Blackberry Desktop Software, then click Access your service provider download site, then click Sprint L.C. under North America, then select Blackberry 8830 World Edition smartphone and click next, and downloading File name: 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel365_PL3.0.0.85_A4.2.2.196_Spri nt_.exe I have been able to format a 6GB card to 5.7 GB consistently and transfer files to and from the card, with both Roxio Media Manager and directly from Windows Explorer.
    Unfortunately the firmware is for Sprint and not Verizon.

I used the Sprint software to upgrade my Verizon 8830; no problem. And it recognizes an 8Gb microSD card.

(I then upgraded to 4.5.0.51)

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pick3222 View Post
    I used the Sprint software to upgrade my Verizon 8830; no problem. And it recognizes an 8Gb microSD card.

(I then upgraded to 4.5.0.51)

Good news on recognizing 8GB, I've been thinking about upgrading. And, the 4.5 firmwares seem to be working too.
    Thanks for the info.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    My 8830 from telus with 4.5.51 see's my 8gb card fine. Same with my curve. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12