Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, crossing my fingers wasn't enough, I traveled to Colorado this past weekend and lost ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Well, crossing my fingers wasn't enough, I traveled to Colorado this past weekend and lost the signal type twice there, both times under full coverage and both times turning off/on the antenna fixed it (meaning it was not a weak signal issue, at least for me).

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I thought I'd drop a question to anyone out there running this version of the software. Has anyone noticed their battery draining pretty quick without using the phone at all. I'm not sure if it is actually my battery or if the software is doing this as well. I have another 8830 running the Sprint 4.2.2.176 and the battery hasn't been that great on that phone either. Neither of the phones are going in to roaming so I'm at a loss. Both phones were purchased between november and december. I'd hate to think that both of the batteries are already going dead. The phone running .196 is usually plugged in all the time while the one running .176 is not.

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3
    tavella81 - this is because both .176 & .196 frequently drop their network connections and/or switch between EV & 1X - this network searching is what drains battery life.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I thought I'd drop a question to anyone out there running this version of the software. Has anyone noticed their battery draining pretty quick without using the phone at all. I'm not sure if it is actually my battery or if the software is doing this as well. I have another 8830 running the Sprint 4.2.2.176 and the battery hasn't been that great on that phone either. Neither of the phones are going in to roaming so I'm at a loss. Both phones were purchased between november and december. I'd hate to think that both of the batteries are already going dead. The phone running .196 is usually plugged in all the time while the one running .176 is not.

I've actually found my 8830 to be noticeably more stable with .196 in a couple of aspects; the loss of signal type does not happen quite as often, also when I come upon a site on the bb browser that has a lot of script it used to hang and give a sand timer that would not go away even if I closed the browser to where I would need a reset, now it just hangs loading (acceptable) but once I exit the page by going back or to another page, it doen't give the sand timer anymore. Battery wise, I haven't noticed any difference in consumption.

On a bad note though, I now have had the phone get stuck or reset by itself comming out of the holster three different times for no aparent reason.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ofelas View Post
    tavella81 - this is because both .176 & .196 frequently drop their network connections and/or switch between EV & 1X - this network searching is what drains battery life.
    Thanks for the info. I haven't noticed any switching between between EV and 1X but I'm not always watching the phone. I guess I'll wait for the 4.3/4.5 upgrade and a HOPE they fix the data drop issue (network drops out and you have to reboot, pull the battery, or cycle the network connection)...

rayjr13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had trouble with this device maybe with the signal searching/switching that I never noticed with the 176 VZW software. I see the hour glass every 15 secs or so when I'm using the device. And recently I cannot answer calls after maybe the first or second ring when it's a call with a picture attached. The hourglass will come up and I even when i press the green phone it doesn't answer until the hourglass goes away. If that is after the phone transfers to VM then I'll have missed the call and have to call the person back.

Don't know! I re d/l the 176 from VZW I may reinstall this afternoon. All the important people in my fon have a pic so I can't miss their calls ALL the time. Looks like I'm screening my friends/family.

any input or suggestions.
    Last edited by rayjr13; 04-30-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123