Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

if im with sprint do i need to do anything to install the update?... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b

Advertisement

if im with sprint do i need to do anything to install the update?
    AKA: EP3

camattin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just download the update, unzip/install it, delete the Vendor.xml (from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader), fire up DM and connect your BB.
    You'll then be prompted to install the update by DM.

benjabi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30199D6E
    any features or significant changes that anyone has noticed?

Wirelezz no está en línea Stack level 2

Telus

I just threw it on my TELUS 8830 and runs fine, media player is louder i think .

Changris no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b1356b
    After the intall it took off the bb browser and I had to call sprint to put it bak on but besides that everything is fine ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

estuardo4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm having problems waking the phone up after I put it on standby. Sometimes I have to push the button three or more times to wake the phone. One time I have to pull the battery out to wake it.

But other than that, I haven't noticed any difference.

gb

PIN/ID
    30199D6E
    ok i am trying to install the new software, i have a telus phone...its on back up third party applications and its just stuck there should be take this long or what should i do? help asap please...

stunna54960 no está en línea Stack level 2
    does this fix the ringer issue? Or any other 8830 relevant fix?

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't noticed anything glaring new; on mine an issue with the refresh of items in the today+ screen once completed/read was fixed, but that could have been just from a 'fresh' reinstall. Sorry to gloat that my 8830 never has had a problem with the ringer volume, so I can't help there.
    I reinstalled my 'tasks' again after not having it since a couple of installs ago, I noticed a new 'sort by' menu item under options, as well as more options under 'status'. Well, new to me since I don't remember them from using it before.
    It's been very stable in maintaining a connection so far for me, x my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by benjabi View Post
    ok i am trying to install the new software, i have a telus phone...its on back up third party applications and its just stuck there should be take this long or what should i do? help asap please...
    Its normal for the long reboot, DO NOT DISCONECT till done it can take up to 20 MIN

Telus is going back.

Well im going back to the old version from Telus. I for the first time had to turn off and on the radio to get 1XEVDO after data was dead and hung in 1xevdo. This never ever happend to me before. Even the older Bell version never did this. Also for the first time I was in a call and all sudden the audio was very faint I had to redail to get a good audio again, These things never happend before, Ok byby Bell firmware, your previuos version was better. Im going back to Telus latest.

PIN/ID
    30199D6E
    wirelezz...i had a similar situation with the second telus patch that came in...not sure exactly why...this version from bell seems to be runninga lil better for me...i have not had any issues with the radio goingfrom 1XEVDO to 1xevdo...however time will tell i guess...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeh the 1XEV only happens to screw up when the signal is weak. I had some times a audio problem but everything ran great with the older bell version 79.but the data drove me nutz it kept freezing every time . Now I'm back to TELUS latest and works great again. I did not notice a diference in the newer version for Bell . I guess 4.3 gone be the real deal.

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by camattin View Post
    No one's noticed any significant changes yet. Too early to tell if this helps with our data loss issue or not. There don't appear to be any new features.

rumor has it that won't be fixed till 4.5
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

conection isue

Well im gone try it again i went back to the latest BELL firmware. i had more isues with the old 76 and never with BELL 79 guess 81 has to be good, so ill try it a few more days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast