Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Software For BlackBerry 8830 (TM) BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.353 (Multilanguage) Package Version: 4.2.2.353 Consisting of: ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

4.2.2.196 now available from Bell Mobility

Advertisement

Software For BlackBerry 8830 (TM) BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.353 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.353
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.2.196
    • Software Platform: 3.0.0.81
    • File name: 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel353_PL3.0.0.81_A4.2.2.196_Bell _Mobility.exe
    • File size: 88.83MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Not sure what has changed. Downloading now.

camattin no está en línea Stack level 2
    The BB download is going slow and steady. Going to try this one on my BB too. Did you notice the BB disclaimer to download the file. You have to agree that you are a paying subscriber of Bell before it'll let you download it.

Will post results later on...

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting...any further updates, fellas?
    Installing now on my VZW 8830...
    Last edited by ofelas; 03-11-2008 at 12:11 AM.

I'm at the last 'waiting for device initialization' hourglass of agony right now. Expecting it to finish up any minute now...

I'm up and running on the OS .196 now. Too early to say how good/bad/different it is... but it is working. One annoyance... my profile settings didn't get saved/restored.

Up & running as well...all my settings were saved, like every other OS update...but too early to see differences, especially after several cold ones ;-)

I'm on the clock for work doing some load tests, but perhaps some cold ones would have made hourglass of agony not so agonizing.

I've noticed that the Setup Wizard is different if you enter the program after the initial run. It has a menu type system to it which just link you back to one of the 11 pages that you normally see during the Next > Next > Next, etc process. I'm hoping this addresses some of the EVDO data drop issues. There was a Sprint associate on buzzaboutwireless who stated he started experiencing this problem where you have to reboot, pull the battery, or turn off/on the Mobile Network to get the data to start working again. In his post, he stated that there was supposed to be a patch from RIM coming in February, never another word posted from him (not surprised).

FWIW this does NOT fix the "searching for network" issue while roaming overseas on CDMA (Canada) that affects all versions of 8830 software EXCEPT the original shipping 4.2.2.66 version...as there's no fix yet from VZW and RIM on a documented issue...
    Last edited by ofelas; 03-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    I've noticed that the Setup Wizard is different if you enter the program after the initial run. It has a menu type system to it which just link you back to one of the 11 pages that you normally see during the Next > Next > Next, etc process. I'm hoping this addresses some of the EVDO data drop issues. There was a Sprint associate on buzzaboutwireless who stated he started experiencing this problem where you have to reboot, pull the battery, or turn off/on the Mobile Network to get the data to start working again. In his post, he stated that there was supposed to be a patch from RIM coming in February, never another word posted from him (not surprised).

Agreed. That guy has been pretty mum since teasing us with that "patch" he mentioned a while back. We'll just have to wait and see. Here lately (even before this update), my radio had gotten a tad more stable (they turned a new antenna up in my area)... so it may take a week or two before I'm able to declare victory or defeat.

jastwo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an 8830 thru sprint. Is it worth downloading? What can I expect?

Quote Originally Posted by jastwo View Post
    I have an 8830 thru sprint. Is it worth downloading? What can I expect?

No one's noticed any significant changes yet. Too early to tell if this helps with our data loss issue or not. There don't appear to be any new features.

jpw16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    What about the ringer volume? Is it louder?

I have never experienced a ringer volume issue so I cannot answer that question. I have not experienced a data loss since I have installed the software last night. I used my normal method of pulling up Blackberry Maps and then scrolling around like crazy while zooming in and out, held the connection. Normally I could cause the data to drop within a minute. I spent about 10 minutes doing this last night and today and it seems to be pretty solid at this point.

Thumbs down

This doesn't fix the radio issue. Had my radio totally drop everything (none of 1x/1X/1xev/1XEV were next to the signal meter). Had to do the radio off/radio on switch to get everything back.

Oh well...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast