I would like to know if any of the ringtones available would work on my ... US & Canadian Stackers forum

Mumbo2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BB Curve Help

Advertisement

I would like to know if any of the ringtones available would work on my BB 8330 or are they Model specific. Gotta Curve from one of my daughters, I now have a Zen, IPod, Tungsten E2 Palm Pilot, and a mini DVD. What's scary is I use them all for different things and I enjoy them.

What is a Pin message? what is SMS text?

I got into computers is 1991 so I am able to take care of most problems on my PC and Laptop, Laptop courtesy of another one of my daughters.

There are a lot of things about the BlackBerry I am not familiar with so I need to read up a bit before I download Willy-Nilly!

I am a senior lady (a spritely 70 year old) married for 49 years (where did I go wrong)!
    I live in Ontario.

Any advice or direction we be much appreciated.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Ringtones - can use Midi files of MP3's.

Pin message - message between BlackBerries. Each device has a Pin "number" associated with it.

SMS text - Simple Message System (I think?) where you can "text" between devices.

Don't download Willy-Nilly - that game sucks! (just kidding!!!!!)

Advice? Just start here on PinStack. Go to the Quick Links and go through some of the goodies there. You can read for hours and hours on here!! You can be an expert in no time!

Good luck, and feel free to ask whatever you'd like. Everyone here is friendly!

David

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Welcome to the stack and the addiction known as Blackberry!!

Ringtones: You can use any MP3 ringtone or file as a ringtone.

PIN MESSAGE: A pin message is an instant message sent between two or more blackberry devices. Each device has its own PIN number (found under Options/status. If you have another owner's pin you can send messages directly from berry to berry. Most of us have our pins in our signaures and/or profiles.

PIN numbers are also used as the means of sending Blackberry Messenger messages.

Have fun with your curve. You will find it more addictive and useful than any of the above mentioned devices.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I also would like to welcome you to pinstack!
    this is probably the best forum out there for the blackberry.

wyy183 said it best " feel free to ask whatever you'd like. Everyone here is friendly!"

I think both wyy183 and sirthinks answered your questions but if you have any more don't hesitate to ask

this place is great!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I also would like to welcome you to pinstack!
    this is probably the best forum out there for the blackberry.

wyy183 said it best " feel free to ask whatever you'd like. Everyone here is friendly!"

I think both wyy183 and sirthinks answered your questions but if you have any more don't hesitate to ask

this place is great!
    I think we tripped over each other answering his questions.... LoL... Now we know who has the fastest fingers on the keyboard.... hehe
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    lol. Welcome, and ask as many questions as you can think of! I haven't called T-Mo for a berry-related question since I found the stacks.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Too cool, a "spritely 70", and using a Blackberry. Welcome to Pinstack, and do drop your pin and other info into your profile!
    Let us know if we can be of help

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here's a link to Blackberry's site for a program called Media Sync. It'll put all your iTunes on your Berry! There's a link at the top of Pinstack's home page called "apps" that will take you to a ton more programs. If it says "ota", that means "over the air", and it downloads directly to your Blackberry. Here's the link for Media Sync:
    http://www.mobile.blackberry.com/hom....shtml&lang=en