Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ So BIS users will NOT be affected? I'm confused.... Network Outage Notifications forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ So BIS users will NOT be affected? I'm confused.

BB7290grl74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243AE48
    Thank goodness. I'll be crashed during the outage! I get a little crabby without my Blackberry. Thanks for the info!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ So BIS users will NOT be affected? I'm confused.

BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to use the BlackBerry Internet Service web site or perform activities such as creating new accounts, accessing their Internet mailbox, integrating third-party email accounts, or viewing email attachments during the maintenance

seidenberg no está en línea Stack level 1

RIM Scheduled Outage on 3/22/2008

I am unable to find any information other than your post. Can u direct me where I might get some background information on this Outage. Thanks.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ OK thanks. I got a little confused when you were referring to BES.

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post

To clarify:
    1) If you are on a BES pointed at the North American RIM Network, you WILL be affected by this outage even if you switch to an EMEA or AP SIM.
    2) If you are on a BES pointed at the EMEA or AP RIM Network and are roaming in North America and have switched to a North American SIM, you WILL be affected.
    3) If you are on a BES pointed at the EMEA or AP RIM Network and are roaming in North America with your original (EMEA or AP) SIM you WILL NOT be affected.
    4) If you are on a BES pointed at the EMEA or AP RIM Network and are outside of North America you WILL NOT be affected.
    This is what had me thinking it was BES only. Sorry for the confusion.

trevisaf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20487cb9

may not be true

keep in mind everyone that this is not an official RIM notification.

I called RIM earlier today to confirm if this was true, but they couldn't confirm or deny the outage.

they DID mention that "IF" it is true, it will be a outage "window" so it may not be down for thw whole 4 hours. it may not even go down at all.

just wanted to throw that out there so save anyone time while waiting on hold to speak to blackberry.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Heck! My email is running slow right now

weslyfesly no está en línea Stack level 1
    All this just got sent to me:

Sent: Wed Mar 19 18:31:46 2008
    Subject: AT&T: Emergency Blackberry Maintenance Notice - Location: All Regions, All Markets NCR ID: NCR83359Valued Customer
    This e-mail is to inform you of a Emergency maintenance that MAY affect your Mobile Service. Please be aware this maintenance is taking place TONIGHT!
    Trouble Ticket Number: NCR ID: NCR83359
    Description of Maintenance: Degradation of RIM Blackberry
    Start Time: Mar 20 2008 02:00 AM PDT
    End Time: Mar 20 2008 06:00 AM PDT
    Symptoms: RIM Blackberry users may be unable to send/receive messages or may have difficulty connecting to the network.

Technicians will be working to complete this maintenance as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact the Enterprise Data Help Desk for more information.
    Last edited by weslyfesly; 03-19-2008 at 08:18 PM.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1114 View Post
    I just called RIM and they can not confirm this outage. There was one in the UK last weekend but nothing scheduled for The America's for this weekend. The Tech is checking into this and will email me if this is true.

This is just what I received as a response to my service request at RIM

[FONT=Courier]Your Service Request has been resolved.
    Details:
    I read on a BlackBerry Forum that RIM is planning maintenance this weekend.
    Resolution:
    I emailed Jason stating that we do not have any additional maintenance scheduled for this weekend.
    [/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by trevisaf View Post
    keep in mind everyone that this is not an official RIM notification.

I called RIM earlier today to confirm if this was true, but they couldn't confirm or deny the outage.

they DID mention that "IF" it is true, it will be a outage "window" so it may not be down for thw whole 4 hours. it may not even go down at all.

just wanted to throw that out there so save anyone time while waiting on hold to speak to blackberry.
    You've never called a support desk for any company and been given innaccurate information by the level one CSRs?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Great, so that's 5:00am-9:00am EST. Why can't they do it earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by weslyfesly View Post

Subject: AT&T: Emergency Blackberry Maintenance Notice - Location: All Regions, All Markets NCR ID: NCR83359Valued Customer
    This e-mail is to inform you of a Emergency maintenance that MAY affect your Mobile Service. Please be aware this maintenance is taking place TONIGHT!
    Symptoms: RIM Blackberry users may be unable to send/receive messages or may have difficulty connecting to the network.

Technicians will be working to complete this maintenance as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact the Enterprise Data Help Desk for more information.

leob no está en línea BES Pro
    I have TSupport and sent them an email to verify this outage. I received a voicemail from RIM confirming this. This has been a planned outage for months for a database upgrade.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    Quote Originally Posted by weslyfesly View Post

I received this same email too, but this is for march 20h.
    RIM is scheduled for maintenance on 3/22. = )
    Last edited by vyperz; 03-21-2008 at 08:09 PM.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    I just received new updates from my AT&T rep. I was informed that RIM has postponed the maintenance tonight due to floords in the midwest.

This maintenance will be rescheduled.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast