Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Description: Database upgrade for all North American subscribers in the following locations: The Americas Change ... Network Outage Notifications forum

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

RIM "Scheduled" Outage March 22nd

Advertisement

Description: Database upgrade for all North American subscribers in the following locations: The Americas

Change Window Start Date and Time: 03/22/08 06:00:00 (GMT)
    Change Window End Date and Time: 03/22/08 10:00:00 (GMT)
    Downtime Duration: 4 hour(s) and 0 minute(s)

Impact: BlackBerry subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages during the maintenance.

Subscribers may also be unable to register their device, roam in another location, or use other services such as Internet browsing.

BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to use the BlackBerry Internet Service web site or perform activities such as creating new accounts, accessing their Internet mailbox, integrating third-party email accounts, or viewing email attachments during the maintenance.

Devices may not receive new service books during the maintenance.
    BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry-enabled devices that require a new PIN may be unable to receive the PIN.

BlackBerry Enterprise Servers may be unable to connect to the BlackBerry Infrastructure during the maintenance.

Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to use BlackBerry administration web sites or perform activities such as creating subscriber accounts or provisioning services for subscribers during the maintenance.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Thanks for the info!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the heads-up!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I wonder if this "Database Update" will fix some of the problems they've been having with outages? I know some were due to power failure, but lately it seems there have been more than the usual problems / outages...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i hope this is the last outage for a while..... but we can always look at it as a positive in terms of the fact that BB numbers are growing!

ewvarn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Outages suck, but I'll always prefer the planned and communicated outages over the sudden and unexpected.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Woo! At least I'll be sleeping for the vast majority of the outage! May get some West Coast peeps, however. Switch from BBM to SMS! hehe
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the information. Now I know what to expect and when.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Awesome thanks for the news ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks for the info. I am getting tired of these frequent outages.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Haha am I the only one not affected by these sporadic outages lately? Anyways thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Thumbs up there for the heads up!! Hope this upgrade fixes the outage problems

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Something we must deal with when there are 2 middle men (BB and svc provider) thanks for the heads up.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just called RIM and they can not confirm this outage. There was one in the UK last weekend but nothing scheduled for The America's for this weekend. The Tech is checking into this and will email me if this is true.

This is just what I received as a response to my service request at RIM

[FONT=Courier]Your Service Request has been resolved.
    Details:
    I read on a BlackBerry Forum that RIM is planning maintenance this weekend.
    Resolution:
    I emailed Jason stating that we do not have any additional maintenance scheduled for this weekend.
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by jason1114; 03-19-2008 at 10:35 AM.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    It's a major database upgrade:

Dear All,

Please note that we have just been advised of a major database upgrade to the North American RIM Network occurring this weekend on Saturday 22nd March.

To clarify:
    1) If you are on a BES pointed at the North American RIM Network, you WILL be affected by this outage even if you switch to an EMEA or AP SIM.
    2) If you are on a BES pointed at the EMEA or AP RIM Network and are roaming in North America and have switched to a North American SIM, you WILL be affected.
    3) If you are on a BES pointed at the EMEA or AP RIM Network and are roaming in North America with your original (EMEA or AP) SIM you WILL NOT be affected.
    4) If you are on a BES pointed at the EMEA or AP RIM Network and are outside of North America you WILL NOT be affected.
    Full details below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade reference number:

Description: Database upgrade for all North American subscribers in the following locations: The Americas

Change Window Start Date and Time: 03/22/08 06:00:00 (GMT)
    Change Window End Date and Time: 03/22/08 10:00:00 (GMT)
    Downtime Duration: 4 hour(s) and 0 minute(s)

Impact: BlackBerry subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages during the maintenance.

Subscribers may also be unable to register their device, roam in another location, or use other services such as Internet browsing.
    BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to use the BlackBerry Internet Service web site or perform activities such as creating new accounts, accessing their Internet mailbox, integrating third-party email accounts, or viewing email attachments during the maintenance.
    Devices may not receive new service books during the maintenance.
    BlackBerry Connect and BlackBerry-enabled devices that require a new PIN may be unable to receive the PIN.
    BlackBerry Enterprise Servers may be unable to connect to the BlackBerry Infrastructure during the maintenance.
    Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to use BlackBerry administration web sites or perform activities such as creating subscriber accounts or provisioning services for subscribers during the maintenance.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Regards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast