Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I happened to attach another yahoo account the other day and noticed now instead of ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Yahoo! Mail now has two-way sync!

Advertisement

I happened to attach another yahoo account the other day and noticed now instead of bland envelope with the world on it, there was an envelope with the yahoo! symbol instead. While clearing out some back-n'-forth emails from during the day (while on the computer), I noticed they instantly cleared from my blackberry.

The Yahoo! mobile link still reports they only have one-way email sync, but it is clear two-way email is now in place. Perhaps they will announce it soon? All I know is, two-way is very nice. Gmail, catch up soon!

Oh.. for those who are trying it atm and are saying "it's not working for me", I noticed with my old yahoo account (that I attached about 6 months ago) that the two-way sync did not work, but for the new one that it did. Once I removed my *edit* old *edit* yahoo account from BIS and then readded it, the two-way mail sync feature worked.

-edit-

was just informed we all got 2.3 now?

people.. I said it before, wake me for the important stuff.

so why isn't gmail two-way email syncing like yahoo!
    Last edited by blackninja; 06-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Yahoo! Mail now has two-way sync!

Thanks for this update BN!

Pookie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I added my email and got the yahoo icon too, except my emails go to my message icon and not to yahoo icon??? Any help with this?

mbaizman no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie
    I added my email and got the yahoo icon too, except my emails go to my message icon and not to yahoo icon??? Any help with this?
    Try yanking the battery. It looks like that helps in some cases.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    I happened to attach another yahoo account the other day and noticed now instead of bland envelope with the world on it, there was an envelope with the yahoo! symbol instead. While clearing out some back-n'-forth emails from during the day (while on the computer), I noticed they instantly cleared from my blackberry.

The Yahoo! mobile link still reports they only have one-way email sync, but it is clear two-way email is now in place. Perhaps they will announce it soon? All I know is, two-way is very nice. Gmail, catch up soon!

Oh.. for those who are trying it atm and are saying "it's not working for me", I noticed with my old yahoo account (that I attached about 6 months ago) that the two-way sync did not work, but for the new one that it did. Once I removed my *edit* old *edit* yahoo account from BIS and then readded it, the two-way mail sync feature worked.

-edit-

was just informed we all got 2.3 now?

people.. I said it before, wake me for the important stuff.

so why isn't gmail two-way email syncing like yahoo!
    love it....i wonder if gmail and the rest will follow suit...?
    Michael

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I was impressed that it actually recognized I had opened an email in my account before it ever even got to my BB (I happened to be in the account when it was recieved). I like this new 2 way setup.

Zo.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mikadad
    love it....i wonder if gmail and the rest will follow suit...?
    engadget reports that gmail was supposed to have had it happen at the same time.

sure hasn't happened for me or anyone I know, lol.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey freaking SWEEEEET! I kept thinking "Yahoo is NOT 2-way syncing." But, after reading this and removing my Yahoo then re-adding it, I now have the envelope with the little Y! icon on it. I'm not seeing an "immediate" 2 way sync though. We shall see. I'm just stoked with the Y! envelope. ha.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

thanks BN - was wondering why my little envelope wasn't feeling the yahoo love now it does

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

I think the upgrade is still happening..... Mp3 still being unrecognized....

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

When is that gonna happen with hotmail dammit! Oh sorry- I get excited! Hahaha I'm one of those stepchildren that TMobile and hotmail treat like adopted step children - if that's possible- hahaha but you get my drift!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

I don't have a yahoo icon for my yahoo email account. I read somewhere that there is no indication for new messages with the new icon. In that case, I can live without the yahoo icon. I am getting the two way sync, so I must be upgraded to BIS 2.3.

So, to get the icon, I would need to delete my yahoo account and re-add it on the BIS login website?

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Re: Yahoo! Mail now has two-way sync!

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    I read somewhere that there is no indication for new messages with the new icon. In that case, I can live without the yahoo icon.
    This is a fact. If you're using the Dimension Zen them, anyway. WHen you use the Zen theme you lose the little envelope/# icon on the rest of the themes. Well, I was always fine with that because I gained an SMS box, and each icon had a red star when there was a new message in it. Well, now that I have the little Y! icon, it does not receive a red star when it has mail. I woke up this morning, and found it odd that I had no email. Knowing that I had received that icon last night, I became suspicious. So, I went into my Yahoo mail, and sure enough, NEW MAIL! GRRRRRRRR!!!! Sooooo, now I have no way to know if I have new Y! mail. What the F is the good in having a seperate email icon then??!?!?!?!?!??!!? Not pleased. I guess I'll experiment with some other themes this morning, where I can at least get the little envelope/# icon back.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Deleted my yahoo account, added it back, did a soft reset. Had the yahoo icon for little bit, but not anymore. What's up?

iamsteelio no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the Y icon as well and it has since disappeared too. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast