Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is seeing/having issues with their Yahoo mail since ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

RedVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Yahoo Mail Issues via BIS

Advertisement

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is seeing/having issues with their Yahoo mail since the maintenance this past weekend. I have been experiencing very slow and sporadic delivery of my Yahoo mail to my BB...yet sending email is instantaneous. Other odd behavior I am seeing, is that my mailbox is not syncing properly with my BB. For example, if I delete an email (in my Yahoo inbox), it is not deleted on my BB...but deleting an email on my handheld deletes the email in my Yahoo inbox.

I was not having any of these issues prior to the scheduled maintenance this weekend and I have not changed any settings on my phone either. I have followed through all troubleshooting procedures (deleting and recreating my account on the BIS site, resending svc. book numerous times, battery pulls, etc, etc). I am at a loss as to what happened here as I don't see any other posts similar to mine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Doug

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I haven't noticed anything with Yahoo.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Eric025 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been having the exact same problem over the past 24 hours.

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    i usually have slow yahoo emails to begin with

Well FWIW. I deleted my Yahoo account from BIS...after about an hour I set it up again. Emails are coming down to the BB a little faster (no great improvement though) and I still have the sync problem. Who knows...oh well.

melodiouss no está en línea Stack level 1

Same Problem

My yahoo hasn't been syncing properly either. Nothing gets marked as read or deleted between bb and yahoo.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    All of my emails have been slow and not just yahoo either. Some of the emails have taken hours. And as mentioned above I can send them instantly.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    For example, if I delete an email (in my Yahoo inbox), it is not deleted on my BB...but deleting an email on my handheld deletes the email in my Yahoo inbox.
    for BIS users, deleting a email in your yahoo folder will NOT delete it on the blackberry. sorry

melodiouss no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    for BIS users, deleting a email in your yahoo folder will NOT delete it on the blackberry. sorry

That is simply false. In fact, I just now deleted a mail from my yahoo that was subsequently and immediately deleted from my blackberry. If it does not do that, it is not working properly. This is what everyone's been talking about!

Yep. It is stated on many RIM support pages that yahoo mail is 2 way sync. I did a lot of unfortunate reading in this last week. Right melodiouss? Lol!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    That is simply false. In fact, I just now deleted a mail from my yahoo that was subsequently and immediately deleted from my blackberry. If it does not do that, it is not working properly. This is what everyone's been talking about!That is simply false. In fact, I just now deleted a mail from my yahoo that was subsequently and immediately deleted from my blackberry. If it does not do that, it is not working properly. This is what everyone's been talking about!
    i apologize, i was def mistaken about this one. it does 2 way sync with the device. cut me some slack i work nights and havent been to sleep yet

Lol...no worries. I certainly do not miss the days of the nightshift myself. Ugh. Get some sleep!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    i apologize, i was def mistaken about this one. it does 2 way sync with the device. cut me some slack i work nights and havent been to sleep yet
    All is forgiven. Gmail isn't completely 2 way yet, so we'll pretend thats what you meant in your sleep deprived state...

OT, I was having the same issue initially, but it seemed to clear itself up after a day or so. I was planning to resend the service books, but I never got around to it before the issue resolved itself.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i wish i could pass out. i am wide awake damn insomnia

MCar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    322220BB

Yahoo,AT&T

For the last three weeks I have had problems sending via my SBC, now AT&T Yahoo email acct on my BB. Some would go thru others would bounce back with the "redX". Today, I could not send anything via AT&T. After two hours on the phone starting with AT&T("it's not on our end"), to TMO(same), to RIM BB. I was told that the AT&TYahoo email servers are haveing problems with a number of customers and to call back to check the status of the problem if I wanted to. What can this be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast