Folks, Hey, I have just seen something strange that I am not sure what to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Yahoo email to BB makes Yahoo Destop Notification Disappear

Advertisement

Folks,
    Hey, I have just seen something strange that I am not sure what to make of. I set up my yahoo email address on my Blackberry curve today, and it seems to work fine. A bit slow, but fine. I also have my Yahoo messenger running on my desktop as I work so I can see when I receive new messages in Yahoo. Well I tested my setup today for the first time, and sent a message from my work email to my yahoo email. I saw the desktop notification for it pop up, and seconds later my BB buzzes and shows a new email for that Yahoo address. Suddenly the desktop notification disappears! It seems that once the BB receives the email, even though I have not yet read it or opened it yet, it makes the desktop notification go away! I don't want that to happen. I only want it to go away once I check the email and read it, either on the BB or on the internet. Is there some way to prevent this from happening?

-capT

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I know that you can only be on messenger from one device at a time, so I'm assuming that's what's happening. When I log in on my bb it kicks me out on my desttop and visa versa. I do not have any answers on preventing this from happening

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    try going into your yahoo messenger settings and check under the mail notification settings. i am not on the messenger now but there may be an option on how long to show the notification

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2
    CMagnum, I am not using more than one yahoo messenger. It is NOT running on my BB or any other computer, it is just on my desktop. My issue is that as soon as my BB receives an email, even though I have not yet picked it up to check it, it must be sending some sort of a received message to Yahoo. This is then interpreted by the Yahoo messenger as having "checked" your email, just the same as if you go into the web email client and click on "Check Mail".

Virex, I have checked to see if there is some sort of timeout value in the preferences in Messenger, and there is not. I am just thinking that the pushing of the mail message to my BB is somehow sending the signal to Yahoo that the mail has been read so it then removes the little envelope icon on the system tray moments after it comes up. So if I am not watching, I don't see it, and don't know that an email has come in unless I look at my Blackberry every few minutes.

-capT