Ever since my recent upgrade to the aforementioned OS on my 8100 when i delete ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yahoo & 4.5.0.52

Advertisement

Ever since my recent upgrade to the aforementioned OS on my 8100 when i delete an email out of my yahoo mail folder i only get the option to delete or cancel, when before i always had another option to delete from handheld and mailbox, so when i checked my email on a PC that email would have already been deleted.

what's up with this?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's kind of odd that you would lose those options. Have you tried resending service books or deleting the accounts in BIS and re-adding?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I would try resending your service books to see what the prompts for you.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    will give that a shot, i can't remember if i've done that lately.

Thx!

PIN/ID
    ask
    ok, i did it yesterday, re-registered too, rebooted the device, still not giving me the above mentioned options anymore.

annoying

guess i'm just s.o.l. on this

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    ok, i did it yesterday, re-registered too, rebooted the device, still not giving me the above mentioned options anymore.

annoying

guess i'm just s.o.l. on this
    Did you try deleting and recreating the e-mail account(s) in BIS?

Try manually deleting the service books, too, before redoing the accounts.

purpleflowers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    Ever since my recent upgrade to the aforementioned OS on my 8100 when i delete an email out of my yahoo mail folder i only get the option to delete or cancel, when before i always had another option to delete from handheld and mailbox, so when i checked my email on a PC that email would have already been deleted.

what's up with this?
    I had the same issue...when you upgraded to the new os, a lot of the older options u had are going to disappear...in order for u to get that option back, u will need to go to ur email inbox select options from ur menu and then select email reconciliation ...once ur on this screen, u will need to select the prompt that says delete on...it will probably say handheld before u make a change...once u highlight the option a menu will pop up that says prompt, handheld or mailbox & handheld...choose the option that you'd like and save...please be aware that if u have more than one email coming to ur handheld, u will need to do this for every email account...hope this helps

purpleflowers Guest
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh yeah...one more thing I forgot to mention...based on what ur saying...you may need to choose the option"prompt" as that gives you the option to delete on handheld, mailbox & handheld or cancel...

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thank you very much Purple! this helped me out.

purpleflowers Guest
    You are quite welcome....anytime
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~