I am using the BB Pearl and had wanted to modify the wireless reconciliation setting ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

traveler23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wireless Reconciliation Problem

Advertisement

I am using the BB Pearl and had wanted to modify the wireless reconciliation setting on each of the three email addresses I have on my handheld. So I go to Messages-Options-Email Reconciliation. Under Message Services I have the option of selecting which of the three email accounts I want to work on. Here's the problem.....

As of yesterday morning when I selected an account there were options under it- wireless reconcilliation On/Off, Delet on Handheld/Handheld & Mailbox, etc. Then I upgraded my OS from 4.2.0.23(or something like that) to 4.2.0.64. When i went to resert my wireless reconcilliation options, 2 of the accounts had the choices but one did not.

I called RIM and spent quite awhile on the phone with them on this. They had me reboot my BB, reactivated my account, had me delete my service books and then resent and guess what? Now NONE of my email addresses show any of the choice, not just one. I'm very very frustrated. The Pearl has been a really big hassle since I got it. Any ideas? Thank you!!!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Wireless Reconciliation Problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This happened to me before, what you have to do is log onto your BIS account and resend your service books for your email accounts.

The register now option on the BB only sends service books for the apps on your BB.

After your resend them you'd probably have to do a hard reset on your BB.

Let us know how it goes.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

do as XLiMBS suggested and it should work out for you.

give us an update how it works out for you

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I have been told by Cingular that there are problems with the New Pearl Service Books on Cingular, at least for the webclient, and that RIM has a ticket open on this. It may have migrated to TMO, if they have updated the service books, but that is just an assumption.

I don't have any settings in the Reconcile Email set up page. It's totally blank except for the Title Bar.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

This happened to me once as well but I'm connected to a corporate BES v4.0 server. I had to have an enterprise activation pushed down and had to re-activate the unit. This did the trick for me. Before that I tried to wipe the handheld and that did not do the trick. Not sure if this relates to you.

Thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. I went to the tmobile site and resent the service books for all 3 email addresses. Strangely, the options came back for 1 of the addresses but not the other two. So I did it again and got the same result. Any other ideas?

On another subject, I'm still within time to return the BB Pearl and I'd like to get your thoughts- should I? It has been nothing but trouble since I got it- quirks with the OS, hard to set up. Finally close to set up but am now concerned about other things like sound quality on calls, the cumbersome process of making calls, bluetooth headset sound quality, the phone auto answering itself in my bag, not hearing the ring when its in my bag, etc. Just interested in your experiences if you have one.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Traveler, I don't know what advice to give you. I am quite please with my Pearl and wouldn't go to another phone unless it was another BB. I started out with a 7290 and when the 8700 came out, got it. There was an increase in the call quality, but not dramatic. The Pearl still has the same quality as the 8700, but the ringtone is quieter, somewhat. But I haven't missed a call because of it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Good news! I deleted and then added the two accounts that were not showing the wireless reconcilliation option and now they are showing it so problem resolved. Thanks all for your help.

I'm still interested in any general thoughts anyone has on the BB Pearl good or bad. Rcbjr, I'm VERY glad to hear that you like your Pearl. I think some of my problem is just the frustration of getting up and running but I do get the sense that the Pearl is still new and still has a lot of bugs that haven't been fixed yet.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I haven't heard good reviews about the pearl. But I do like the look of it. I wish Verizon would come out with a BB with a camera.

camknig no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2406d2df

Quote Originally Posted by traveler23
    Good news! I deleted and then added the two accounts that were not showing the wireless reconcilliation option and now they are showing it so problem resolved. Thanks all for your help.

I'm still interested in any general thoughts anyone has on the BB Pearl good or bad. Rcbjr, I'm VERY glad to hear that you like your Pearl. I think some of my problem is just the frustration of getting up and running but I do get the sense that the Pearl is still new and still has a lot of bugs that haven't been fixed yet.

NICE WORK TRAVELER! DELETING AND RE-ADDING MY ACCOUNTS WORKED LIKE A CHARM! I WAS GETTING FRUSTRATED NOT BEING ABLE TO WIRELESSLY RECONCILE. PROBLEM SOLVED!