I use BIS on my 8700c and it has always worked fine until now. On ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

will not send email from work account

Advertisement

I use BIS on my 8700c and it has always worked fine until now. On my work email account I can receive but cannot send. In the unsent email it says "Message included an invalid address". I can send to the same address with a different email acct, but not this one. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: will not send email from work account

Mellis2718,

Seeing how you are having issues have you checked out this post by Hayden:

Can't Send or Receive Email?

-Felix
    "Carpe Omnius"

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: will not send email from work account

Here is a little more info that might help you resolve your issue:

Problem

An email message sent from the BlackBerry device appears in the Messages list with an X beside it. The message status displays the following:

Message included an invalid address.

Cause
    Summary of causes

The email message was sent to an invalid email address.
    The WebClient [CMIME] service book or <account name>[CMIME] service book on the BlackBerry device is invalid or corrupt.
    The Auto BCC address is pointing to an invalid mailbox.

Resolution

Perform the appropriate resolution for your cause.

Cause 1

The email message was sent to an invalid email address.

Resolution

Verify that the email address to which the message is being sent is accurate and correctly typed.

The most common form of incorrect email address is when a comma has been inserted instead of a period. Using the space bar on your BlackBerry device to create the @ symbol and the period, or dot, will eliminate the chance of accidentally using a comma.

Cause 2

The WebClient [CMIME] service book or <account name> [CMIME] service book on the BlackBerry device is invalid or corrupt.

Resolution 1

If your BlackBerry device is integrated with an email account that uses the BlackBerry Internet Service, delete the WebClient [CMIME] service book or <account name>[CMIME] service book (depending on the version of the BlackBerry Internet Service) and send it again.

Resolution 2
    If the BlackBerry device is integrated with an account that uses the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, delete the current Desktop [CMIME] service book and generate an encryption key.

On the BlackBerry device, go to Options > Service Book or Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
    Delete the DESKTOP [CMIME] or BlackBerry [CMIME] entry.
    Generate an encryption key using one of the following two methods:
    On the BlackBerry device
    On the BlackBerry device Home screen, click Options > Security Options > General Settings.
    In the Services section, highlight DESKTOP [s<number>] (3DES or AES) or BlackBerry [s<number>] (3DES or AES).
    Display the menu and select Regenerate Encryption key. The encryption key is updated.
    From the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    If you are using BlackBerry Internet Service, the Services option is unavailable. Generate an encryption key using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Connect the BlackBerry device to a computer that has BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on it.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Redirector Settings > Security tab > Generate Key.

Cause 3

The Auto BCC address is pointing to an invalid mailbox.

Resolution

Update the Auto BCC address to a valid mailbox.

Workaround

Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Open Backup and Restore.
    Click Advanced.
    Backup and clear the address book and service book databases.
    Do one of the following:
    Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account and push new service books.
    OR

Open Redirector Settings or Email Settings, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Select Security and generate new encryption keys

-Felix
    "Carpe Omnius"