I work out of signal range for 2 weeks every month. when I arrive back ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Will BB "OD" on E-mail ?

Advertisement

I work out of signal range for 2 weeks every month. when I arrive back to civilisation will my BB be pushed all the E-Mails over this period.

Is it possible to disallow the service for this time ?? I would have read any company and personal e-mails over webmail during this period.

any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated.

Gaz.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Will BB "OD" on E-mail ?

If you go to options>security options>firewall you can block the BIS or BES service on your phone. This will make all the emails be blocked. Now I'm not sure if when you unblock the BIS or BES service that it will send all the blocked emails to your bb or not. So just try it out and see if this works.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

Thanks COJO 24 I will find out next week if my BB explodes when I get off the plane.LOL

Gaz.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Gazar, if you're checking your email over the web while you're out of range (and delete those you don't need anymore) they shouldn't show up when you're back in range. No explosion!

Thanks Libyar I was hoping it was that easy.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And if they do, you could always go to your BIS account and turn forward to BB off for that period of time, then turn it back on when you get back. Since it's only twice a month, that shouldn't be too much of an imposition.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rcbjr Do I do this through my carrier(o2uK) or is this done through my BB or desktop manager ??

Thanks for the help. gaz.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Messages are only queued for delivery for up to seven days. And only 5 messages are "queued" to the wireless network at anytime.

After 7 days those messages are no longer pushed to the handheld. So if you are aout of contact for 14 days, you'll ony receive the last 7 days. This is by design and the 7 day period is not configurable (both BIS and BES).

When out of range only the five of the messages are stuck in queued status. Once those are delivered, then 5 more are sent, etc (it happens very fast, so no worries). So if you are deleting email in MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, or Novell Groupwise (the BES platforms) - or anything else that have two-way reconciliation from the desktop - then you won't get bombarded since those messages will have 1. been deleted from the server and 2. never queued to the wireless network.

If you're on BIS with only one-way reconciliation (or none at all), then you will need to suspend the polling of your mail, like others have suggested.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

gazar, you can do it the same place you set up your email on your BB. Either using your BB or a PC to log in to your BIS account.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for all the help guys.

Gaz