Hey, all - I just switched from a Pearl to a Curve and I love ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Why does Curve offer only delete on device, not device & mailbox?

Advertisement

Hey, all - I just switched from a Pearl to a Curve and I love it. I have both personal and corporate e-mail accounts on my phone. When I used Yahoo e-mail on my Pearl, I had the option to delete the message only from my Pearl and the e-mail would still be in my Yahoo in box on my computer. I could also choose to delete a Yahoo e-mail message from both the Pearl and the computer at the same time. (It would prompt upon my hitting "delete" one of the following: "delete from mailbox?" or "delete from handheld?" I liked to use the first option to get rid of the same message that was in my Yahoo e-mail on both my Curve and the computer, and I liked deleting only from the handheld if I wanted to clear out the screen on my Pearl and go back later to read the Yahoo messages on my computer.

The Curve gives me no choice. After reading a Yahoo e-mail, when I hit "delete", it has just the option to delete without giving me a choice of whether I want to delete the message on the Curve or both the Curve and the computer. So even though the message was deleted from my Curve, the message remains in my computer's mail box, which means that I have to go back in there at some point and manually delete the messages on the computer that were already deleted from my Curve!

Is there a way to set it up so that when I delete a message on the Curve, it will give me two options: 1) to delete only on my Curve, or 2) to delete the message in both my Curve and on my computer?

I looked at the user guide and didn't find anything that could help. I also checked my e-mail options but didn't see anything there that could help me change the setting. Can anyone help? Thanks!

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    You can go into options > email reconciliation and the last option click on it to get mailbox and handheld. If for certain mailbox click first option to choose which box.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    open messages, click menu/options
    scroll to email reconciliation
    make sure that delete on: is set to prompt

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Sorry didn't catch that about options cherri caught it though
    ~via smartphone~

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

cherrichiodo, it worked! I was even able to assign a different option to each of my three e-mail accounts on my BB! I had looked at the e-mail reconciliation optiions, but didn't realize "prompt" was what I was looking for. I thought that one option would have to apply to all e-mails, but now I know they don't.

Thanks so much, and thanks to everybody who replied!