Howdy Folks, I fnally put my data plan back onto my Blackberry 7290 and one ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4

What Is Up With GMail Now?

Advertisement

Howdy Folks,

I fnally put my data plan back onto my Blackberry 7290 and one thing I remember is that GMail was almost instantenous notification on my handheld.

Now, it only reconciles on an hourly basis. Is this a change or am I missing something I need to do? I was looking forward to ditching the Microsoft Direct Push and going with the free GMail.

Thanks in advance,
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

tanzim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2056042F
    To me Gmail still instantaneous push!! Can you please delete the account and re-integrate again? I guess this would help you in resolving the problems.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I am having this same issue too. I get my email from my GMail account pushed instantaneously to my regular mail folder but I also have the GMail application on my phone and it reconciles less than hourly but nevertheless its not instantaneous. My advice is just to get it pushed to to the regular folder and if you need to use GMail, you can refresh the email folder and go from there.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    I fnally put my data plan back onto my Blackberry 7290 and one thing I remember is that GMail was almost instantenous notification on my handheld.
    lets start from the beginning first. what carrier are you using?

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well I heard yesterday mrng.A virus affecting diff e-mail services like yahoo,gmail.etc...
    So it may be some type of security that ur carrier has set up so it won't be pushed to bb because it may harm device or cpu system.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Good to know, thanks! I'll ask about that

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Well I heard yesterday mrng.A virus affecting diff e-mail services like yahoo,gmail.etc...
    So it may be some type of security that ur carrier has set up so it won't be pushed to bb because it may harm device or cpu system.
    there are NO KNOWN virus' for the blackberry. i dont think thats the issue. it sounds like the BIS service may be down for their carrier or they need to get new service books pushed to the device

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Well...I guess the 4th time's the charm.

I deleted and then re-started GMail through the blackberry start page on ATT Wireless and it worked...

But I also wiped my device and started over....so maybe there was something hanging that was causing it not to push...after a day of testing though, it's instantaneous push now through GMail.

Thanks for all the replies,
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

AdaptediT no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just bought my first blackberry three days ago and was able to get my Gmail within a few seconds. I installed the Google mobile applications (google maps, google search, ect.) and after that I was receiving my gmail e-mails anywhere from thirty seconds latter. I uninstalled all of Google's applications and I'm able to get my e-mails like I was able to the first day. I'm messing around right now to figure out which applications can be installed without causing the delay issue. All I know is that the Gmail application is one of the problems. I'll re-post after I figure out which ones aren't causing the issue.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    I had some problems a few days ago with my Gmail coming through on AT&T, I just assumed to blame AT&T and RIM with an outage pretty much. It is working fine now, so probably was just a hiccup in the server.

Gmail is instant now, to the second almost!