So I feel rather, well, stupid. But it seems I've been going without a BIS ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59

What if I have no BIS account?

Advertisement

So I feel rather, well, stupid. But it seems I've been going without a BIS account this whole time

I was searching(I know, crazy that people do it) how to block Gmail's confirmation e-mails, and it turns out you have to set up a filter through your provider's BIS login... BIS login!? What's that?

So I go to AT&T's site and find this login, it asks for my username and password... I don't remember setting up an account through AT&T.

I have it send me my "Lost" password by entering my PIN, and the e-mail I receive says:

You asked to have your password sent to your device.

User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Hmmm. So I go to "Create Account", enter my PIN and IMEI: "An account already exists for this PIN!"

I'm at a loss, I never realized you had a BIS account you could login and access. Please help
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't feel stupid. Did you purchase your Curve new from an AT&T store, or did you get it used? If you bought it used, the previous owner most likely set up an account and BB will not let you register that PIN and IMEI unless they release it. Are you receiving email to the device now? Your profile says that you are not on BES, so if you are receiving email now, did you set it up through the "personal email setup" on the BB desktop?

PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Yeah it's new from AT&T, and I have several e-mails set up on the BB device through the personal e-mail setup.

I have a feeling I'm missing something rather important here lol.

supaman no está en línea Stack level 2
    It just means that you initially set up the BIS account using the setup wizard so it has not created a username you have to call in ATT bb tech support ask them to either create a username for you or release the pin and you reset up your email.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by supaman View Post
    It just means that you initially set up the BIS account using the setup wizard so it has not created a username you have to call in ATT bb tech support ask them to either create a username for you or release the pin and you reset up your email.
    Thats what I was gonna say lol

Yeah, you do have "BIS" service, otherwise you wouldn't be getting your personal email on your phone, its just that you set it up trough the "wizard" on your phone's desktop.
    The other way it can be done is by using a computer to go online and register your phone and emails manually trough the bis login website (each carrier has its own web portal to it).
    Heres the link to ATT: http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

The second option I like most because then when I swap devices I can just go in there and enter the new pin's and imei instead of the old one's and re-send service books, and in no time my emails completely transfer to the new device.
    Last edited by cabron; 06-28-2008 at 06:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    30636d59
    So in other words I have to re-setup my BIS through the computer after calling AT&T and having them release me PIN. Which in turn means I'll be losing everything in the process?

No just ask them to create a username for you in there BIS admin tool

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGuy View Post
    So in other words I have to re-setup my BIS through the computer after calling AT&T and having them release me PIN. Which in turn means I'll be losing everything in the process?
    What is "everything" to you?
    I believe you dont lose more than the 3 minutes that takes to register your emails on the BIS again..
    All the data on your phone remains there.
    Am I missing something? anyone?

he may loose his blackberry.net address and will take a call to RIM to release that email address if he uses that its best to just ask them to create a username for him.

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Arghhhhhhh!,
    That takes us back to
    BIS Lesson #1: Do not use your @blackberry.net email account

PIN/ID
    30636d59
    By everything I meant all my e-mails. But then I realized they are all through other providers, duh.

I never got a @blackberry.net e-mail adress

I'm calling AT&T as soon as I get home, from the sounds of it everything should be straightened out.