Hi all, I've just taken delivery of a 8310 from Ebay. The previous user has ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

retrospek no está en línea Stack level 1

Weird Problem - please help

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a 8310 from Ebay. The previous user has assured me that the device has been 'released' from the previous network (Vodafone) and that I should be able to set-up a new BIS account with a new network and register the device.

However, I'm having a number of problems and I really don't understand..

- When I try to register the phone with my UK T-Mobile network it says it is already registered with another network. Initially I thought this must be correct so I contacted the previous seller who contacted Vodafone and they say it is not locked to them anymore.

- Out of interest I then tried entering the Pin & IMEI into the O2 and Vodafone networks blackberry BIS page and BOTH of them accepted the details.

So why would two networks accept the Pin/IMEI and T-Mobile (UK) not accept saying it is locked to another network ? Surely, if O2 & Vodafone allow me to register this device then it must be unlocked to a network ?

This is really frustrating as I really want this phone on the BIS plan on T-Mobile (UK).

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Mark

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Weird Problem - please help

I believe the seller needs to contact vodafone and get them to release it.
    If not call them yourself and tell them you bought the phone and ask them to release it.

When its done contact t-mobile and say your having difficulties registering a previous vodafone pin.

Thanks for your response..

I believe the phone is already released as the O2 network BIS Webpage will accept it but the T-Mobile BIS webpage will not.

Do all of these BIS webpages link to the same place in RIM ? It is almost like Vodafone released the phone and all of the other networks now know it is released with the exception of T-Mobile..

call t-mobile. tell them your storry Maybe they can manually add it.

Might be some replication delay somewhere.. thats my guess atleast.

Thanks - I've just phoned T-Mobile and gone through to the technical department. They had a look and said something was wrong and fixed it

Not sure what the problem was - but at least everything is working now..

glad to hear it sorted out for you