I had a Nextel BB with an email address I chose. I then cancelled that ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Web client email still in use?

Advertisement

I had a Nextel BB with an email address I chose. I then cancelled that BB and activated a Sprint BB.

The email address I had with Nextel was post merger so ended in @sprint.blackberry.net, and I wanted to transfer it over to my new Sprint BB.

When I cancelled my Nextel web client it should have cancelled my email address as well, right? Wrong!

Nextel told me it would take 30 days for the email address to be cleared and then I could activate it with my Sprint BB. This was 10-2006.

After 30 days I tried to activate the email address and it said it was still in use. Nextel said no it isnt and I should contact Sprint. Sprint said no it isnt and I should contact Nextel.

Im not stupid, I know Ill get the run-around so I decided to go to the source, RIM. RIM told me the email address would be cleared in 30 days, they escalated the issue, and they said they would contact me back. No response.

So, to this day Sprint says its Nextel, Nextel says its Sprint, and they both cant resolve my issue.

I know the email address is not taken. I have tried to contact the email address and I get a response saying invalid address.

Any thoughts...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Web client email still in use?

wow. That's IS a run around. I'd stick with contacting RIM they have full access to remove all carrier email accounts.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Sorry to hear - just like hayden said, RIM would be the one to help you out the most - just a bit lame that your own carrier won't go the extra mile.

Let us know how it turns out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks hayden and GaBulldog, will keep you updated on the resolution.

Do you think an email or a phone call? I emailed them before about this and they auto responded with "contact your carrier, Sprint".

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

With that known - I'd phone them.
    Good luck.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If I were you, I would use my Company Email to send the complaint. With CC who ever in your chain of command you feel can help.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Yeah, forget the chain of command Im going to the top! Thanks guys, Ill let you know what happens.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ok all done. It took me 3 hours on the phone with Sprint. Basically they called RIM and had the email released. 3 hours to do that? Im better now.