We have several BB in my office. I sometimes have to validate email accounts when ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Validating email accounts from my Curve 8330

Advertisement

We have several BB in my office. I sometimes have to validate email accounts when I am away from the office and our server has issues, I am on BIS. This weekend I went to sign in on my brothers email usibng the E-mail setting program on my Curve. I have been able to sign in and validate his email from my BB for years. This weekend when I went inot the email settings icon, it came up ans said it detected a new BB and di I want to transfer email. I was tired and Isaid yes, immediatly I knew what I had done. I had to go inot my brothers BB email web site and point his email back to his PIN. It all worked out fine except I still have two icons on my home screen with his two email addresses. It does not show up on my internet email program as being active accounts for me. The two addresses only show up on my brothers email (BIS) but the icons still show up on my BB also. No real harm, I just want the icons gone and the options for those other email accounts removed from the drop down choice lists.
    Does this make sens to anyone and do you have an answer??
    Also anyone else unable to validate another accounts email from their BB? I can only do it from a PC now??
    I have a Curve 8330 from verizon, my os is 4.5...... and my blackberry desktop is version 4.7.0.32.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Coach,

Not sure about the e-mail validation, but you should be able to go into Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and delete the e-mail addresses in question. There will most likely be two entries for each address.....one CMIME and one CICAL. Simply highlight it, press the BB menu button and select Delete. You might need to bounce (reset) your device, but the icons should go away after deleting the Service Book entries for them.

Cheers,
    Roger

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    RoGro, I was able to remove the email icons, very cool.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good deal, Coach.