Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone! I have been getting some help getting my BB all squared away after ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jhickie no está en línea Stack level 2

v4.5 and HTML email

Advertisement

Hey everyone! I have been getting some help getting my BB all squared away after my upgrade from 4.3 to 4.5, and everyone has been really helpful. Got my DocsToGo working, figured out MMS, couple of other things. Thanks again to ModernCowboy!

Anyway, I have one lingering issue left. I don't understand the HTML upgrade. My email looks exactly the same, all those long, ugly links repeated so much the email looks like web code lol. I thought the upgrade was supposed to enable HTML in emails, making it look more like regular email.

I was getting some advice about it here, and we checked everything as far as options and settings go. Only problem is my email settings menu seems to look different than it should with v4.5, I don't have the options that I was told should be there. The last thing that was suggested is that is could be something to do with BES? I use BES for work and have it set to my default (desktop) email. I also use Gmail and have it set as my blackberry email address. Would this have anything to do with my options being different? I am just confused, all I want is HTML email! lol

If anyone knows about this or is good with BES, please help me out! I am beginning to think HTML email doesn't really exist.

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure about it being a BES problem. Go to email, options, email settings and ensure you have HTML set to yes and images set to auto. The HTML code will automatically be included in all emails. You may still have to hit the menu button and select get images in order for pics to load.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Mortgage_Man; 03-08-2009 at 03:15 PM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If you are on a BES, the BES must be set to allow HTML email and the BES must be 4.1.5 or something like that. That is purely a shot in the dark but the BES must have the proper version and build that allows HTML email.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Emails that got restored to your device during the upgrade process won't have their HTML parsed, but new emails tou receive will. Assuming your carrier has their service books updated and you have the latest service books pushed to your phone.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    If you are on a BES, the BES must be set to allow HTML email and the BES must be 4.1.5 or something like that. That is purely a shot in the dark but the BES must have the proper version and build that allows HTML email.
    This is where I would look first. If I am not mistaken all the other options given have been tried.

Definitely gonna start there. I am going to call Sprint and ask if it may be anything on their end regarding BES settings. New emails don't show up in HTML which is why I started checking into this. Could be as simple as having my service books resent? I will give it a shot and see what happens, and I will report back.

Thanks again for all the help, everyone has been awesome!

Well I called Sprint and their solution was to reinstall v4.5. Nice. She also said they don't recommend v4.5 but couldn't tell me exactly why.

Why is it so hard to get good help from a service provider? Doesn't sound like they even understand their own phones lol.

Still searching for answers with this, anyone else have this problem? Thanks for the help!

Ok, so I'm getting closer...

Called Sprint back after my initial lame experience, I guess it's all about who you get on the other end... could be an expert, could be a rookie. Much better this time. Explained my issue and they resent service books to my phone. My Gmail acct that I use though BIS was acting funny since my upgrade, and I never saw HTML emails. She said the reason was that they suspended my email account when the upgrade when through, she said it has been happening to a lot of people. She reactivated my email account so that the service books could be received.

Well, my Gmail account now sees HTML emails! Whooooo Hooooo!! Only thing is my BES account does not still.

I went into email options and saw the HTML and image settings for my Gmail account, but when I switched to see options for my BES account, there were no HTML options. Still waiting to hear back from my IT on if it has something to do with them, but from what the Sprint rep said it shouldn't. Who knows what to believe though lol. Also, after reading a little more on the forum I saw someone say that BES may not have an update for HTML yet. Is this true? If so I guess I have my answer lol.

Thanks again to everyone for the help. I am a BB dummy so this has been invaluable for learning the ropes. ModernCowboy and KalebsDad, you guys are BB geniuses! Let me know what you think about my latest development if you read this, I value your opinions greatly. Thanks!

ps - Is there any way I can give back to the Pinstack? I have gotten a lot of help and learned a lot, I want to return the favor somehow.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jhickie View Post
    ps - Is there any way I can give back to the Pinstack? I have gotten a lot of help and learned a lot, I want to return the favor somehow.
    You can become a Premium Member.

Also, just impart the knowledge you've gained here on others wherever and whenever you can. That's really the best way to give back to the community.
    Last edited by RogerG; 03-10-2009 at 05:42 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Looks like you are on the right track. I don't know enought about BES so I really can't help on that one but at least you got a part of it figured out.

The best way to give back to PinStack is to share the things you learn with other stackers. You can also become a premium member to help support the site. I did about a year ago and it was well worth it.

If you want to thank an idvidual user you can use the trust system to give them trust if they have helped you or you have seen them help others.

Doing these things are all great ways to give back. Right now there is actually a deal on Premium so if you wanted to jump on I would do it before the offer ends. It is about half off what I paid when I joined. You also get added features and other things for being Premium. Like a platinum user name instead of blue.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    HTML is available on BES, as long as your IT department has the server updated to at least 4.1.5 I believe it is. Even if the server is up to date, they still have the option of turning HTML off. It's completely dependent on the company's security policy from there.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 03-10-2009 at 06:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks, Moto I knew I could count on you.

Thanks Moto!

I am having our IT check into it, I will probably find out in a few days knowing how slow they move lol.

I will report back soon!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Anytime. Look forward to hearing your results. Remember, bribery goes a long way with us IT guys. LOL

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by motoup View Post
    anytime. Look forward to hearing your results. Remember, bribery goes a long way with us it guys. lol
    Amen!!!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast