Hi stackers, got my BIS account yesterday (vodafone Germany) and it works pretty godd with ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

sponch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25578c8b

Using filters AND headers only??

Advertisement

Hi stackers,

got my BIS account yesterday (vodafone Germany) and it works pretty godd with gmail.com - except one thing: as IO have 1MB traffic only it would be nice to only get the headers of each mail on my bb. This works when I configure a filter "New Mail" --> forward to handheld ->header only (don't know if the words correspond to the English BIS words.... ;-)
    So far so good.
    The problem now: when I try to setup other rules (for spam eg.) tehy don't work (eg. subject = sex --> dont forward to handheld). Although I excludes it it appears on my bb Pearl (header only).

Isnt it possible to use Header only and Spam filters at one time? Normally "negative" filters should cnacel positive ones...

I hope you understand my problem...sorry for the bad Engl.

Greetings
    Spoch

Sp@d3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

Re: Using filters AND headers only??

Hi Sponch,

I'd suggest it could be with the way you are doing your filters.

Put the blocks firlter first and then the headers only filter. I think BIS 2.0 starts at the first filter and if it meets the requirements it actions that filter and then stops.

So if you have headers only first then it'll never reach the other filters, whereas if you have the filter blocking sex before headers then if the mail doesn't contain the word sex, then it'll continue to the next filter. It's the same principal as firewall rules.

I could be wrong, but it's something you could try. I stupidly left my Blackberry at home today, so I could only test this for you later this evening when I get home again.

Regards,
    Sp@d3r

PIN/ID
    25578c8b

hey speeder,

thx it wokrs...though it was very hard to get the rules inro the right order°!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so you have to figure out the order and input them in manually? That's good to know!

Wing Rider no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Does anyone know how to filter large files, such as anthing greater than 1-2k & still leave it in my regular email acct. I want to be able to get my BellSouth email on my BB but only messages smaller than 2k.
    Thanks

PIN/ID
    25578c8b

Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so you have to figure out the order and input them in manually? That's good to know!
    What I did to keep my existing filters and to put the header filter at the end of the list:
    open each filter --> don't change it --> click save (do this with each existing filter in your list)
    After that --> add new filter this one is put ast the end of the list. You got it!

Sp@d3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

Thumbs up Re: Using filters AND headers only??

sponch,

Glad it works for you now.

Later,
    Sp@d3r