Hi. My wife recently bought an 8700g (TMobile). We have a comcast POP account. I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ryanmetz no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to Receive Replies (but receive original message)

Advertisement

Hi. My wife recently bought an 8700g (TMobile). We have a comcast POP account. I set up her comcast account and she also has a blackberry (tmo.blackberry.net) account. If I send her an email to her comcast address, she will receive the initial email. If she replies, I will recieve that. But if I reply to her reply, it never makes it to the BB. It will be in her inbox on her desktop only. It seems to have started when we bought a new Dell which runs mcafee spamkiller. But, I think that may be an unrelated red herring. Seems to defy explanation why original messages go through but not replies. Any thoughts? Thanks very much for any insight. - Ryan

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Re: Unable to Receive Replies (but receive original message)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just a thought disable the mcafee and try sending an replying,etc. And see what happens

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Maybe you should try resend the service book. If it doesn't work, did you let outlook open or close ?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to Pinstack, ryanmetz. As rocker suggested you might temporarilly disable the spamkiller, just to eliminate that as a cause. Are you sending from a blackberry also? Or from some other source? It might have something to do with the spoofing of the comcast address by BIS, but I wouldn't think that the spamkiller would be checking that deep into the reply chain. Another trouble shooting trick is to go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table, open the menu and select Register Now. Then do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery back in).

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks. When I get home tonight. I'll try a couple of these suggestions. I tried disabling spamkiller with no success. Outlook is usually up & running on the computer all day. I've been sending from work, which runs MS outlook. Though, I may try sending her a message from my own BB which runs enterprise email here at work to see if that has any effect.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmetz
    Thanks. When I get home tonight. I'll try a couple of these suggestions. I tried disabling spamkiller with no success. Outlook is usually up & running on the computer all day. I've been sending from work, which runs MS outlook. Though, I may try sending her a message from my own BB which runs enterprise email here at work to see if that has any effect.
    I think we may have found the problem. Is her Outlook set up to Leave Messages On Server? If her Outlook pulling the messages down and removing them from the server before BIS polls her Comcast account, it won't be there to be found by BIS, so it can't be forwarded to her BB. Try setting Outlook to Leave Messages on Server, or set the Check Messages to something greater than 15 min. If this is the problem, the latter won't solve it totally, but will reduce the number.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I think we may have found the problem. Is her Outlook set up to Leave Messages On Server? If her Outlook pulling the messages down and removing them from the server before BIS polls her Comcast account, it won't be there to be found by BIS, so it can't be forwarded to her BB. Try setting Outlook to Leave Messages on Server, or set the Check Messages to something greater than 15 min. If this is the problem, the latter won't solve it totally, but will reduce the number.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    That may be it! Should have occurred to me. Thanks. I'll let you know. I will have her check from home what the settings are. We just reregistered and I resent the service books from tmobile.com.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

are you using outlook on your home pc? if you are you need to go to in out look.. Tools>accounts "sometimes email accounts"> select the email box you want aka her email account>then you will have 1 of 3 buttons... edit, properties, or change whichever one you have click it>then again 1 of 2 buttons advaned options, or more options> then click on the advanced tab> then go to delivery and select leave a copy of mail on server for like 5 days
    Welcome to my World!