Today I changed my password on my GMail account and upon attempting to edit my ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Unable to configure GMail account after password change

Advertisement

Today I changed my password on my GMail account and upon attempting to edit my account on TMobile's BIS, I found that I kept receiving the lovely "An error occurred..." message.

Before you make any suggestions, I have tried this:

-Changing my password 50 times - I'm certain I am typing it in correctly and am able to login on my desktop with no problem
    -Deleting and re-adding the account
    -Enabling POP, IMAP, both and none in GMail
    -Adding the account from my BB
    -Adding the account from TMobile's BIS website
    -Following Google's Blackberry POP instructions; i.e. simply adding my email and password
    -Following Google's Blackberry & IMAP instructions; i.e. manually adding the server
    -Every conceivable combination of username and email server

I have another GMail account which I deleted and re-added successfully with no apparent problems. I cannot find the difference between the two. Any other suggestions besides "just forward it" or "d/l the GMail app"?

Thanks!

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Unable to configure GMail account after password change

did it work before you changed your password? So you are wanting two gmail account through BIS?

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the reply fritter, but I ended up stumbling upon an apparent solution.

It seems that Google perhaps requires some sort of authentication after changing your password? I wasn't aware of this and never saw anything of the sort when logging in on my desktop. Upon downloading the GMail app and logging in there, however, I found that I was required to enter my password twice, the second time also confirming via CAPTCHA.

After that, I attempted to add my GMail account again, and voila! It works now. Very interesting indeed.

EDIT: Finally found this: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    Last edited by nmadd; 01-25-2008 at 06:40 PM.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by nmadd View Post
    Thanks for the reply fritter, but I ended up stumbling upon an apparent solution.

It seems that Google perhaps requires some sort of authentication after changing your password? I wasn't aware of this and never saw anything of the sort when logging in on my desktop. Upon downloading the GMail app and logging in there, however, I found that I was required to enter my password twice, the second time also confirming via CAPTCHA.

After that, I attempted to add my GMail account again, and voila! It works now. Very interesting indeed.

EDIT: Finally found this: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

so if someone just clicks on that link and does the captcha (without having previously changed a password), any idea what that does?