I've looked through the FAQ and various other resources, but I haven't been able to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jagori no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Two Devices, One Email account

Advertisement

I've looked through the FAQ and various other resources, but I haven't been able to find a clear answer. Can I setup two blackberry devices with one email account?

I travel between two countries and have two different blackberries but want to be able to have my mail pushed to either. Typically one is off and the other is on, and vice versa. I have a corporate BES server, that's about all I know.

Thanks in advance..

mobilityguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Two Devices, One Email account

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If your company has two BES with separate Databases (and is willing) you can set each device up on separat BES.

Note: I'm a Notes guy, not sure this will work with Exchange.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

As far as I know, for BES it's one email address per PIN. Remember, this goes over the BlackBerry network. I don't think it will allow two PINs to point to the same email address. I don't think this is platform (Exchange/Notes/Groupwise) dependant.

You can set set up as many BIS accounts (BlackBerries) as you want with one SMTP/IMAP email address. I have a single Gmail account set up on both my BlackBerry and my wife's.
    JerryD

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

You have a "Blackberry 8800 World Edition Smartphone." Why don't you use it all over the world?

jagori no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    You have a "Blackberry 8800 World Edition Smartphone." Why don't you use it all over the world?
    Heh, I know.

AT&T has crap roaming plans into Canada. It's $700/month from Cingular/AT&T usually when I roam coast to coast with data transfer. It's just cheaper for me to spend $200/month with an unlimited Canadian plan.