Hello all! I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to configure there blackberry ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

tmo.blackberry.net to outlook

Advertisement

Hello all! I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to configure there blackberry address to outlook. Since I use T-Mobile it is tmo.blackberry.net. This address seems to be the most reliable so I am now using it for most of my personal email. I have searched for and tried using different settings and can't make it work. I know I can forward emails 1 by 1 from my blackberry but I would like them to go directly to outlook. Any thoughts? Thanks again...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Re: tmo.blackberry.net to outlook

Have you tried going into your email setup and adding a email address. I have a personal address added in Outlook and can open and do what I like with it

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

williamlc21, if I understand what you want to do, access your tmo.blackberry.net account with outlook from a PC, like you would a regular email POP3 or IMAP Account, the answer is no, I don't think it can be done. I think it uses a proprietary protocol that can't be accessed by outlook.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I haven't tried it, but I believe you can set up your tmo.blackberry.net address to forward a copy to to another email address ( the one you use outlook for). The only potential drawback is if you have your outlook email configured to push the email to your blackberry, you'll end up with twice the email on your handheld. If you are unsure how to do this, feel free to Pin me. My pin is in my signature.
    Good luck!!

That is what I want and I don't think its possible either but you never no. Thanks again Rcbjr.

sorry Toddboy, there is no forwarding option unless its 1 by 1.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Ahh i just checked now that I'm online and you are correct. Question, is the reason you want to use this particular email adress is because it comes the fastest to you? If so, with BIS 2.1, it should all come almost instantaneous. I'm on this and my gmail comes pretty quickly. If you want a gmail account let me know I still have several referrals left.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Thanks again toddboy, i actually have gmail and many others, but at the end of the day there are always messages that never make it to myy bb. Thats the main reason I was considering this not just the speed. Thanks again.

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

This is what I do:
    Set up messages to auto forward to my gmail account (you can do this through the communication section in mytmobile. Then, I set up popmail access to gmail in outlook. It's not instant like getting mail directly to your tmo email, but it's fairly effective I think.

BReady

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~can we use outlook on the bb 8700? Probably been asked and answered b4. Sorry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

rocker, Not on the BB itself but it will sync with outlook just fine, Designed for it, if you will. And the PIM features on the BB pretty much act like a slimmed down Outlook.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

phillechill no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Ahh i just checked now that I'm online and you are correct. Question, is the reason you want to use this particular email adress is because it comes the fastest to you? If so, with BIS 2.1, it should all come almost instantaneous. I'm on this and my gmail comes pretty quickly. If you want a gmail account let me know I still have several referrals left.
    Gmail is a special case with BIS 2.1.
    RIM included real-time push email with gmail, but it only works with BIS 2.1.
    Any other email address still has the same 15 min wait time.

Regarding your problem, you can add an auto-cc feature in BIS with your tmo.blackberry.net account. Tough I am not sure if it only cc's your outgoing emails...