I am trying use my 8310 as a modem with my PC. I followed the ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bbmodem no está en línea Stack level 1

Tethered modem access on Airtel 8310

Advertisement

I am trying use my 8310 as a modem with my PC. I followed the instructions available elsewhere on the Internet to set up the modem drivers, custom connection string, dial-up networking etc. but things were not working.

Then I read somewhere that I need to get data services activated on my account. Which is odd becuase I though Blackberry already had that enabled.

I called Airtel Blackberry Support at 7070 and they said that I cannot get tethered modem capability on my blackberry because of APN incompatability issues. The Blackberry from Airtel uses blackberry.net as the APN while the Mobile Office plan uses airtelgprs.com.

Then I called Airtel Customer Service at 121 and asked them to activate GPRS on my phone and they had the same reason that you can use mobile office as long as you are not using a true Blackberry handset. They also said that if I take my SIM out and put it into a Nokia GPRS enabled handset, I can use it as a tethered modem.

I checked my Blackberry APN settings to confirm what I had heard but under Advanced Options->TCP and the APN was blank. I put in airtelgprs.com but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

bbmodem no está en línea Stack level 1

Followup

The extra initialization commands in the modem properties was entered as follows with and without the ',0,0'
    +cgdcont=1, "IP","airtelgprs.com",0,0

When I Query Modem in properties, I get the following response.

ATQ0V1E0 - OK
    AT+GMM - BlackBerry IP Modem
    AT+FCLASS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT#CLS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT+GCI? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    AT+GCI=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
    ATI1 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI2 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI3 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI4 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI5 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI6 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
    ATI7 - Research in Motion BlackBerry IP Modem

When I dial, the connection gets to verifying username and password but fails with either error 732 (Your computer and the remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocols) or 734 (The PPP link control protocol was terminated).

Any ideas?