hey guys! well i got my email working. i got the unlimited bb data plan. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

T-mobile email question

Advertisement

hey guys! well i got my email working. i got the unlimited bb data plan. when the email gets forwarded to my fone and when i email off my fone.. does that go to data or does it get subracted from my sms texts?

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-mobile email question

goes toward email or data if you can email unlimited

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Since you have unlimited Data. E-mail is data. E-mail is unlimted. So it will be included in your data plan. (no extra fees)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~emails are data.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Re: T-mobile email question

Would this also apply to mobile instant messaging? Is that also considered Data on the Pearl?
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

i think it depends on which mobile instant messaging you are refering to

jon01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040D4FF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there are many apps out there that will use data for ims instead of sms. Check out rambleim for aol. Also yahoo and google released a copy of their software which uses data. Lastly, you can always use pin messaging to other blackberry users.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

SWEET!!! Loving the fast responses. Ok, as for the specific IM product, it is the AIM, YIM, MSN, and ICQ combined client powered by OZ. T-Mobile offers this for their Pearl users.
    ---

LocaTrini no está en línea Stack level 2

When using the IM clients that came with the BB, it counts as a SMS message. And FYI Pearl users aren't the only ones with the OZ powered IM client. =•)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up Re: T-mobile email question

Thanks...i just love the slickness of these cell phone carriers sometimes...point taken :-).
    ---

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Smile Re: T-mobile email question

Quote Originally Posted by franfran
    hey guys! well i got my email working. i got the unlimited bb data plan. when the email gets forwarded to my fone and when i email off my fone.. does that go to data or does it get subracted from my sms texts?
    After signing-up for the Unlimited BB Plan, did you have a waiting period before you could set-up a your BB Internet E-mail account? If so, for how long? I signed-up four days ago. I called T-Mobile after the third day and after they had verified/confirmed that my account/phone were set-up correctly, they said it could take-up to 72 hours to be able set-up my BB Internet E-mail account. Alas, I am on my fourth day, hoping for the best

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

When i got my unlimited BB plan...it only took them about 24 hrs. I hope it works for you too also.

When it works, you should be able to see at least these 2 items in your list of applications:

- Browser
    - Instant Messenger

And, if you are using the TMo Zen theme (default), in the upper right corner where the signal strength is, you should see something like EDGE or GRPS (in cap. letters). If you don't see that, then ur data connection isn't set up yet.

Let me know how it works out with Customer Care...TMo also has pretty good BlackBerry support as well...they helped me out a lot.
    ---

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by ryfoster
    When i got my unlimited BB plan...it only took them about 24 hrs. I hope it works for you too also.

When it works, you should be able to see at least these 2 items in your list of applications:

- Browser
    - Instant Messenger

And, if you are using the TMo Zen theme (default), in the upper right corner where the signal strength is, you should see something like EDGE or GRPS (in cap. letters). If you don't see that, then ur data connection isn't set up yet.

Let me know how it works out with Customer Care...TMo also has pretty good BlackBerry support as well...they helped me out a lot.

Thanks. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and they took care of me! It turns out that the phone was already assigned to another user (I purchased my BB used). The Customer Care Rep. simply released the previous user from the phone and I was able to set-up my BIS E-mail account! Yeah!